7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2017 10:04 AM by ThomasM Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Intel I218-V Error Code 10

Intel Corporation
      This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi ThomasM,

Please be informed I will route your inquiry to NUC support for them  to better assist on your inquiry.

rgds,
      wb

• 1. Re: Intel I218-V Error Code 10
          ThomasM

Ok! Thanks.... Still no answe though. ... Is there a clever way to determin if this is a driver problem or if it is simply hardware failure? Since it is on board nic it's not that easy... I suppose I could install... say.. Linux and see if problem persists, but that feels tiresome at the moment. Wifi works so I'm not panicking

• 2. Re: Intel I218-V Error Code 10
            Intel Corporation

Hello ThomasM,

I will be more than glad to assist you with your concern.

Could you please confirm the model of the device that you are facing the issues with?

Once that you reply, I will continue with the investigation of your case.

Regards,
            Angie

• 3. Re: Intel I218-V Error Code 10
              ThomasM

Hi!  It's a NUC D54250WYK and the NIC is as in this thread I218-V.  In the log can only find one "error" an that is a message about  "migration faild" somewhere back in September and after that only events saying "further installation required" and then of course the yellow triangle black exclamation mark in device manager.

Not much to go on...  Have done what I believe to be "everything"  uninstalled NIC Inc driver.  Downloaded latest driver and reinstalled... No cigarr

• 4. Re: Intel I218-V Error Code 10
                N.Scott.Pearson

"Migration Failed", as in you upgraded to Windows 10? After upgrading to Windows 10, a complete reinstall of the device drivers is recommended. Use the packages provided on Intel's Download Center site (D54250WYK Downloads); manually download and install all packages for your O/S version. Do not rely on Microsoft Update and especially do not rely on the Intel Driver Update Utility. I recommend that you unplug the ethernet cable, boot into Windows, uninstall all Intel driver packages that you can see in Programs and Features, reboot (important!) and then install the packages you have downloaded.

• 5. Re: Intel I218-V Error Code 10
                  ThomasM

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I'll do as told! However, I'm away from home for a month so my reply about success or failure will have to wait... But I will replay!

Regards

Thomas

• 6. Re: Intel I218-V Error Code 10
                    Intel Corporation

Hello ThomasM,

Thank you for the information.

I am going to close the case until you are able to do troubleshooting.

Please feel free to update this thread with your findings so this can be reopened.

Regards,
                    Juan Carlos

• 7. Re: Intel I218-V Error Code 10
                      ThomasM

Hello again. As you can understand from this and my last post, we have very long months here in sweden....

Well..I was planing to write one of the longest posts in Internet history but I ended up confusing even my self so lets keep it short.

Did as instructed. No cigar.!

Still "can not start..code 10"

when looking at "all events" in logbook I find two instances of network adapter. One intel I218-V and one Intel 218-V1 with exactly the same events o_0 WTF?

I have a VPN and the TAP adapter seems to be a culprit in some other cases popping up when googleing.

Uninstalled VPN, reboted, deleted everything again an installed everything again. No cigar this time either..

Given up and marked the ethernet NIC as "kaputt" as we and the germans say.

Ill stick to wifi until another system takes my NUCs place

Thanks for your time

regards

thomas