Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20657 Discussions

Intel® HD Graphics - Can I play Battle for Middle-Earth 2 The Rise of the Witch king on my laptop?

VVlad4
Beginner

Hello. I have a problem with playing game The Battle for Middle-Earth 2, The Rise of the Witch king extension patch on my laptop. I already tried other solutions I could find, but I've found only solutions for different graphics cards or processors. I have Intel HD Graphics and Intel Celeron CPU N3050, 64 Bit Windows 10 operating system. I didn't manage to make the these other solutions work on my laptop ("beta driver, options.ini folder, fixer program, compatibility troubleshooting", etc.). According to what I have read, the problem should be in graphics compatibility with the game. Please could you help me? Any advice or idea is most welcome.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Check out:

0 Kudos
VVlad4
Beginner

Thank you. I'll go to try it straight away. I tried about 25 of different drivers already, so let's hope this one will work.

0 Kudos
VVlad4
Beginner

Thank you, but it didn't work. Do I have to uninstall the previous driver? Because I tried that with other drivers and it didn't help. I just got the error that I don't have minimum requirements. I think that solution with changing the driver to older ones won't help because I have found just one driver that is supporting my processor (Intel Celeron N3050) which I'm using now and I'm not able to run the game with it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You have a Braswell processor, this means the latest graphics drivers compatible for your processor is version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40- 4501

Please let me know your findings.

Allan.
0 Kudos
VVlad4
Beginner

Hello Allan. I tried to install the driver, but at the end of the installation error window shown up:

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the manufacturer.

Setup will exit."

Before starting the installation, I couldn't find my processor in the list of the processors which are compatible with that driver. Any other idea?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the information.

That message indicates that your computer model requires drivers only from your computer maker.

You could try installing the driver 4501 manually. Please see instructions below:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to install the driver manually?

Allan.
0 Kudos