5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 12:37 AM by sheom

SR300 / C++ - face scanning config returns pxcStatus::STATUS_FEATURE_UNSUPPORTED (?)

tyhenry

I'm using SDK 2016 R2, and trying to get the 3D scanning functionality working for a face scan using the SR300.

I was under the impression that the SR300 supported 3D face scanning??  In fact, that's a major part of the reason we've purchased it.

And I've tested the face scanning sample from https://github.com/GameTechDev/FaceMapping2 (using SDK 2016 R1) which works fine with my SR300...

here's the relevant function (with section where I get STATUS_FEATURE_UNSUPPORTED in bold):

bool RSScanner::enable(PXCSenseManager* smPtr) {

mSenseMgr = smPtr;

if (smPtr == NULL) return false;

pxcStatus status;

status = mSenseMgr->Enable3DScan();

if (status < 0) // error

{

ofLogError("RSScanner") << "unable to initialize 3D scanning module, error status: " << status;

return false;

}

mScanner = mSenseMgr->Query3DScan();

if (mScanner == NULL) return false;

// config scan parameters

PXC3DScan::Configuration config;

config.startScan = false;

config.mode = PXC3DScan::ScanningMode::FACE;

config.options = PXC3DScan::ReconstructionOption::TEXTURE; // generate texture jpg and UV map (as opposed to vertex colors)

config.options = config.options | PXC3DScan::ReconstructionOption::LANDMARKS; // add landmarks data to model

config.maxTriangles = 0; // 0 == no limit

config.flopPreviewImage = false; // maybe make true? test it out

status = mScanner->SetConfiguration(config);

if (status < 0)

{

ofLogError("RSScanner") << "unable to set scan configuration, error status: " << status; /* THIS IS WHERE I GET ERROR CODE -1 == STATUS_FEATURE_UNSUPPORTED   */

return false;

}

// mScanner->Subscribe(&mAlertHandler); // add this later for alert callback

return true;

}