3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2016 2:45 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i5SYH, NUC6i5SYK, NUC5i5RYK, UEFI secure boot enabled, Win10 problems with shutdown and reboot

MiHa2016

Hi!

I have several NUCs NUC6i5SYH, NUC6i5SYK, NUC5i5RYK at customers running. All of them have Win10 v1607, but that doesn't matter as the same problem already showed up with v1511 on two older devices. They all run with different Samsung m.2 SSDs 951Pro, Evo 850. In the firmware settings I enabled secure boot and disabled legacy boot. They have different firmware versions from June, August and September. Don't ask for the exact version numbers, I cannot remember them and don't have physical access to the devices currently.

All of them show somehow the same strange behavior. Often, when I need to reboot Windows 10, they hang or if I want to shutdown the NUC they don't go off. The blue LED is on and I can hear the fan running. I have to press the power button for more the 4 seconds. After that they boot. It is somehow the same with the firmware settings. Most of the time, after saving firmware setting changes I have to switch the device off, because it doesn' t reboot anymore. It often stays at the Intel NUC logo and doesn't continue with booting.

I don't think the problem is the hardware, because they are all different devices. I think somehow it is a problem with the firmware settings. My problem is, that I have to tell customers what to do, this is really difficult by telephone. So I'm not always sure, If they react according to my commands.

But the point is, why do I have the problem with reboot and shutdown on different devices anyway?

Thanks

Mike