1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2017 2:09 PM by Intel Corporation

Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.

pjred

Hi there

Issue:

• when I switch to my Samsung Series 9 75 inch KS9005 4K SUHD through the HDMI port, the TV keeps auto detecting it as HDMI/DVI and not as PC. I can manually change it to PC but I have to keep doing this each time. My old PC setup with NVidia 960GT was always detected as PC.
      • Then when I try to enable YCbCr, the colours are all pink or green. If I then flick back to pc monitor and then back to TV it usually fixes the colour.
      • With YCbCr enabled, half the time when I switch to TV I get the same colour issue, then have to switch back and forward to get it right.

I have UHD enabled in TV as well as using the HDMI/PC input. Had absolutely no issues with old PC with Nvidia 960GT with YCbCr 4:4:4 enabled. Using same HDMI cable which is supposed to be 2.0 compliant. I tried another cable (which was same brand) but same issue.

Skull Canyon is brand new and installed with Win10 64bit, latest 0042 bios, latest 4542 graphic divers. I also did the HDMI firmware update when connected to my TV. It already had the latest version but updated again.

TV running at 4K 3840 × 2160 at 60Hz.

Does this NUC support YCbCr at 4:4:4, because even with YCbCr enabled I seem to be getting a bit of black crush compared to nvidia?

Any thoughts on the weird colour as well? I've attached a couple of pics which illustrate the problem?

Paul

• 1. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much for providing those pictures they are very useful for us to further assist you.

At this point basically you tried everything that we recommend, but the problem could be related to the HDMI cable, even though it worked before with the video card if you have the option to test it with a different high quality HDMI 1.4 cable please try that, just to rule out a possible problem with it.

Also, please try the following driver, it is the beta 4552:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26464/Intel-Graphics-Beta-Driver-15-45-?product=88357

Besides that another thing to try for testing purposes will be to try different resolutions just to see if it makes a difference.

Please let me know the results.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

• 2. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
            pjred

Hi thanks for the response.

This is the cable I'm using: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Premium-HDMI-Cable-V2-0-Gold-Plated-3D-Audio-4K-Ultra-HD-Ethernet-0-5m-12-5m-/390797879345?var=&hash=item5afd5e6831

which worked fine with Nvidia GTX960 on a much older PC.

I tried 2 other HDMI 2.0 cables, one same make, another similar but off ebay. They all gave the same results.

You said to try a 1.4 cable, but wouldn't I need to use a 2.0 to deliver full 3840x2160 at 60Hz, which is what the other cables are suppoded to be?

Beta driver 4552 gave exactly same results. (I uninstalled old driver first before applying beta).

Different resolutions and refresh rates gave same results.

I tried plugging in a mini displayport to HDMI cable (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191897778776?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

into TV and it ran at 3840x2160 at 30Hz max (but I believe that is that cables limitation).

There was no option for YCbCr but xvycc instead. Switching between xvycc and rgb was OK, no weird colours.

I attaches a short video showing the results of the HDMI out problem with the colours.

By the way, device manager shows the TV as Generic plug and play, not Samsung TV. Think old PC had Samsung enties in Device Manager. Tried updating drivers for TV through windows update but still generic monitor.

If I get a chance I will try yet another HDMI cable.

Note: my AOC 1080P PC monitor is usually connected through the mini displayport to HDMI cable at 1080P 60HZ.

When I apply YCbCr to it I get the same pink/green overlay colour for a split second then the display recovers to normal colours. The Samsung TV doesn't and I have to switch between it and monitor a couple of times for colours to return to normal.

Paul

• 3. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
              Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for sharing that video, it is very useful for us to further assist you.

At this point we almost tried all the possible troubleshoot steps we recommend for this problem, so as you mentioned go ahead and try a different HDMI cable and please let us know the results of doing that so we can do further research in case the problem persists.

Alberto

• 4. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                Intel Corporation

Hello :

I just wanted to check if you were able to test the system with a different HDMI cable and if the issue with the color still persists or if it was resolved?

Alberto

• 5. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                  pjred

Hi,

I have tried with a couple of the same brand/type (which are supposedly HDMI 2.0) and get same results.

I use the miniDP to a PC monitor for computing, then I swtch to the HDMI port which is connected to my TV for media stuff.

Most times when I switch to the TV the colours are wrong like in pictures I uploaded. If I unplug then replug in the HDMI cable then the colours correct themselves and it is OK then until I switch to that display again next time.

And the TV keeps auto detecting as HDMI/DVI, not as PC, and I have to keep manually changing mode to PC. (Didn't have this issue with older PC and nvidia card).

But to answer your question, no I haven't tried another HDMI cable of differet brand but am willing and wanting too and will report back as soon as I do.

Cheers Paul.

• 6. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                    Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for letting us know all those details.

Perfect, take your time, once you get the chance to test the TV with a different HDMI cable do that and please let us know the results.

Any questions please let me know.

Alberto

• 7. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                      OEFVet

I would like to add: The Sony Bravia KD-43x8300C has the exact issue under YCbCr.

• 8. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                        xuthus

hi, i have some problem too, but not color, it's flash black....

my screen is Samsung u28e850r , use hdmi cable 2.0 connect to screem hdim port2, if i do nothing, just looks fine. but if doing some works. screem start flash...

if i use minidp connect to display port, it's big problem....loop on lost signal and recover... 1s/per time... black and back...WTF...

it's seems like cann't use hardware acc. i already tried driver 4552/4542/4539, still not work.

problem:

1.   4k 3840x2160 at 59hz, hdmi2.0 cable, video 1, do everything not fine.

2.   2k 2560x1444 at 59hz hdmi2.0 cable, video 2, normally work was fine. but game/word have problem. msword? maybe it use hardware accelerate? ... can't believe that, it's msword....

3.   4k/2k minidp to dp v1.4 cable, worse than 1.

funny is , minidp connect to other display Dell U2515H 2k 2560x1444 59hz , works fine.

Samsung display U28E850R not any problem, seller used graphic GTX960 shows works perfect.

nuc6i7kyk, windows10 x64, 32G mem, samsung ssd, hdmi cable is 2.0, firmware was updated. bios 0042

can u help me to solve this problem?>

348234345456493147.jpg858399037202355517.jpg

• 9. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                          Intel Corporation

Hello and :

In this case if you tried the troubleshoot steps provided on this thread and the problem still persists, then please start a new thread, we would really appreciate that, because by doing that, we can start from scratch in trying to fix the specific problem your NUC has and also in the case we need to start an investigation or if we need to replicate the issue.

Even if your problem is the same, by starting a new thread, we can actually get a better scenario of the problem, and also we will be able to provide a better and more accurate solution in order to fix the NUC.

You can always post the same information you posted here, with the troubleshoot steps you tried in order to fix the problem.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and as soon as we get the new thread we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter.

To :

I just wanted verify if you were able to test the NUC with a different high quality HDMI cable? Please let me know the results.

Regards

Alberto

• 10. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                            xuthus

ok, ths. i will post new thread.

• 11. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                              Intel Corporation

Hello :

Perfect, thank you very much for understanding, we really appreciate that.

Regards

Alberto

• 12. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                                pjred

Hi again,

I tried a new High Speed, high quality and only 1M in length HDMI cable and the exact same problem exists.

When I switch to TV I have to keep manually changing input to PC (TV not auto-detecting it as PC like it should and does with Nvidia card).

And the colour issues pink/green still exists and I have to keep changing back and forward till the colour fixes.

Definitly related somehow to the Skull Canyon, whether hardware or software issue, as old PC with nvidia card is fine.

Paul

Oh, by the way, this issue still exists after I have just done a complete new format OS install, which Intel Australia wanted me to try, but mainly for the other issue reported in this thread NUC6i7KYK freezes but mouse still moves

I'm still testing to see if that problem is still there.

• 13. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                                  Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for letting us know that information.

Now, we will start an investigation in order to try to find a possible fix for this issue.

In the meantime, not sure if you already tried the following driver, if you have not please try to install it, and let me know the results, it is version 4542:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45-?product=88357

Regards

Alberto

• 14. Re: Skull Canyon HDMI colour issue.
                                    pjred

Hi there

4542 is the driver I'm using ATM.

But both the earlier driver and the latest beta 4552 all produce the same results as well.

Paul

1 2 3 Previous Next