7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 9:23 AM by Intel Corporation

Sony Computer Hard drive Help, error indicates SSD is failing

adama

Hi

I have a 3 year old Sony Vaio laptop VPCZ21M9E , Win 7, SSD drive. I have window 10x 64 anniversary update on it. A week after I bought the laptop, I was given a company laptop, therefore, I did not used my laptop for over two years apart from updates, which I did once very two weeks or a month. Although, the laptop is three years old, I have only been using it for the past 6 month now.  it has 120GB SSD drive and Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

For the past four weeks, I have been getting this error message Every time I open the laptop I get an error message saying

port device Model                 Serial #                                         size type

Samsung MRPA128            SOS"*********64                            59.6GB Member Disk (0)

Samsung MRPA128            SOS"*********64                            59.6GB Error occurred (0)

I have been told that one of my SSD is dying, which I found hard to believe, not after 6 month. The laptop did not make any noises when I was using it but since this problem has started, it has became very noising. it is almost crazy for that little laptop to make such a big noise and it also becomes hot during use.  has anyone have any idea experienced this problem or knows  about this problem and many thanks for you help. I have attached a picture of the error message

I have run diagnostic on hard drive, fan, cpu, and other  and they all passed. have also posted this issue on DSL reports forum http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31118066-hard-drive-Computer-Hardware-Help-8594-error-indicates-SSD-failing-of-my-Sony

I was helped my some member to run smartmtools software and output showed no hard drive problem and it showed that the SSD is healthy

It drives me crazy and I  would really appreciate any help