Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

X710-DA4 SFP+ dac compatibility

MMath7
Beginner

Hello,

we have 4 Netgear SFP+ DAC cables (1m) AXC761.

None of them works with our X710-DA4 boards while they are working perfectly with our X520-DA2 boards.

I guess this is only an intel side firmware issue...

Regards,

Mathieu

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for the post. What is the firmware and driver version on your X710-DA4?

Can you share the operating system used?

thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
MMath7
Beginner

Hello,

the firmware (NVM image) is version 5.04 (latest one)

We are running both windows 7 64 bits and some linux flavour (Synology NAS OS)

On the windows machines, the drivers are 21.1

Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for the information. Can you check if the Netgear cable complies to our SFP direct attach cable requirement, see the Direct Attach cable FAQ at

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000007045.html

Rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
MMath7
Beginner

Hello,

we returned the cables and got some from another vendor so I cannot check further than what we did :

the cables did worked perfectly when hooked to intel X520-DA2 boards, they also worked when hooking both sides on the switch.

Considering the price of such cables I guess Intel should buy one and test by themselves

Regards,

Mathieu

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for the update, just to double check if the other cables work well with the X710-da4?

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
MMath7
Beginner

Hello,

yes, the other cables (Cisco) works well with the X710-DA4. (works with either 1m and 5m lenght)

By the way, why is it almost impossible to find the X710-DA4 board in low profile version ?

We got 2 of them though ebay, we would like one or 2 more but no dealer can provide, only the full height version.

Regard

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for the reply, glad the Cisco cable works well with your X710-DA4. Below part number is for X710-DA4 low profile model.

X710DA4G1P5 (product code)

You may refer to the information at page 5 of the product brief below.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ethernet-products/converged-network-adapters/ethernet-x710-brief.html

Hope this helps.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos