Items with no label
3335 Discussions

RealSense F200 driver missing

IIanS
Beginner

Hi,

Can anyone help with the following issue?

I am missing one of the drivers for the F200:

When I try to run the Depth Camera Manager from https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25044/eng/intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.52404.exe https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25044/eng/intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.52404.exe it returns the following error:

The camera is working as a 2D camera, but is not fully functional without the missing driver, meaning that Windows Hello won't accept its use for facial recognition.

This is an inbuilt webcam in an Asus N55-1JQ laptop, previously working okay. Windows system restore did not resolve the issue.

Many thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Jose_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your interest in the Realsense Platform.

It's strange that your camera is not working now. I have a couple of questions before we start looking up for a solution to your issue:

1) You said it was working previously well, where you performing some kind of update or used a sample code that triggered this issue? Or did this happen suddenly?

2) Have you try updating your drivers?

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.

0 Kudos
IIanS
Beginner

Hi Jose,

This happened after restoring the PC following a Windows 10 issue. All other applications are working fine, however some required reinstallation.

Yes, I have tried updating the drivers; removing drivers & detecting new hardware, etc. Each time it just restores the same drivers, without the missing "... (Front F200) Left Right" one.

Many thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ian,

If you have those three drivers I have to assume that you already have your DCM installed, see (https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/03/19/realsense-sdk-and-camera-setup-on-windows-10 Intel® RealSense™ SDK and Camera setup on Windows* 10 | Intel® Software ).

Now in order to see whats wrong with your camera, we will like you to use the sdk_info.exe to record the logs using an SDK sample. In order to do it after you install the SDK, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\bin\x64\", run SDK_Info.exe as an Administrator, navigate to the Logging Tab and Click "Enable All Logs" button. Reproduce the issue by running any app until the camera fails (make sure not to close sdk_info, it can be minimized, closing sdk_info will stop the logging). After the failure has occurred return to SDK_Info and click "Copy all Logs" button (in sdk_info logging tab), zip the created directory and attach it to your next reply.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
BLove3
Beginner

Hi guys,

I now have exactly the same problem. My camera hello sign in feature broke when windows updated me to the latest 'insider build' 14986. Now it does not work. Can you help?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi fivesmaster,

We would like to have your system information file of your computer. To generate it, please press on your keyboard WinLogo + r, then enter msinfo32, then click on File >> Export. This process might take some minutes, once you have generated that file please send it to us via email.

Also could you provide me your SDK logs? Please follow the instructions in my previous reply.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
BLove3
Beginner

Hi,

not sure how to email it without email address so see it below as an attachment. I cannot install the software you mention, could you provide me with a more specific link? I have tried installing and it comes up with the red text original post says.

Thanks

0 Kudos
IIanS
Beginner

Hi Jose. The DCM will not install as it cannot detect the RealSense camera (please see my original post for a screenshot of the error message). Is there any other way to run the sdk_info.exe or any other solution available? Thanks.

0 Kudos
BLove3
Beginner

Yes I would like this solution as well.....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi guys,

fivesmaster, I apologize I meant to say to attached it in this thread.

A user had a problem similar to your issue when he updated Windows, maybe it will be useful to you ( ).

I understand you can't install your DCM, just to be clear you can't install this SDK (https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk Overview of Intel® RealSense™ SDK | Intel® Software ).

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
IIanS
Beginner

Ah sorry, have installed SDK Essentials now. When I tried running camera in a couple of apps, it would not run and advised that another app was using the camera - hopefully that was sdk_info. Log files attached.

0 Kudos
BLove3
Beginner

Hi,

I managed to download and install SDK essentials. Here is my zipped log. My camera works, but only 1 app each time, there was no failure. On windows sign in for hello setup it simply says my computer is not compatible, which is wrong as it is compatible.

Hope this helps!

thanks

0 Kudos
BLove3
Beginner

I have solved my problem. I had to do a complete reinstall of windows 10, ensuring everything was wiped and that it did not simply clean and reinstall the latest insider build. I am now running the public official Win10 and it recognised my camera and allowed me to install the software.

Thanks for all your help.

I wonder fi Acer need to find a solution to this if the latest insider build is going to break the 3d camera on the laptops.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

fivesmaster I'm glad to hear that you fix your issue!

Now regarding your issue I have investigated and it seems that your issue is due to the Windows Update. Sometimes it works by reinstalling Windows again, other times it is necessary to install a previous version.

Ianon could you try fivesmaster solution? Please let me know your results.

I hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose

0 Kudos
IIanS
Beginner

Hi. I completely restored Windows (full restore, removing all files, applications and user settings) but the same issue remained, except this time the Virtual Driver had disappeared too. I was able to reninstall that using the "Add Legacy Hardware" feature in Device Manager.

I downloaded the Depth Camera Manager, but it still could not see the camera.

I then reinstalled Windows with a fresh public copy (full reinstall, removing all files, applications and user settings), and still had exactly the same issue, with only the Depth and RGB drivers installed, and the Virtual Driver and Left-Right driver missing again. This time the Virtual Driver was no longer available under Legacy Hardware in Device Manager.

I downloaded the Depth Camera Manager again, and this time it installed succesfully, but only added the Virtual Driver.

I was still missing the 3D Camera Left-Right driver, and the camera was still only operating in 2D, and was not being allowed by Windows Hello.

Then I downloaded the SDK, turned on logging and began using the Camera Explorer in SDK. This appeared to be the first program that could run the camera in 3D, and from that point on Windows Hello was happy and could use the camera

-------------------------

I still don't have the Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Left-Right driver that disappeared after the first Windows restore. Do I actually need this? What does it do?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi lanon,

I'm glad to hear that your camera is now working!

I will like to clarify that it seems that the new update from Windows is the responsible for the F200 failures.

Now regarding the drivers from the DCM, we have a F200 here and this are the drivers that we have installed:

Looking at the image above, you can see that the Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Left-Right driver is not necessary.

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice weekend!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Current i am missing the Virtual Driver.

I have installed the sdk Driver (intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396) and the intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.52404.

I use the Windows Insider Build 14986

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi BrainBug,

I have a couple of questions before we start looking for a solution to your issue:

1) Do you have installed the latest version of Windows?

2) Have you try to reinstall the DCM?

3) Is your camera a built-in or an add-on? If it is an add-on have you try it in different USB 3.0 power port (look for the lightning symbol)?

Best Regards,

-Jose.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi BrainBug,

Where you able to solve your issue? Please let me know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jose,

the issue is still present.

The Problem is the Windows Build. Microsoft wrote this at the last Insider Info.

I am waiting now for a better build.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi BrainBug,

Yes a lot of issues of the F200 are due to a Windows Built, please let us know when you test the new built.

I willl be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos