1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2017 1:05 AM by CodyX

Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)

Maverick3k

Hi,

when i install one of the newer Drivers (Beta Build 4534 (comes through Windows Update) or the current stable 4542. (Btw, why is it blocked to Copy Driver Information from the Driver Site ???)

When one of both Drivers are installed, Paint Shop Pro X wont start and is hanging at the PSP Logo.

When i uninstall the Driver, PSP works again. ive tried the lastest one too, doesnt work.

With Driver 4501 there seem no Problems. At least i did not notice any (so far).

I use Windows 8.1 64bit with 32GB, but PSP X is 32bit Application. (this Version is more than outdated (2006), but it worked already and this is obviously Driver related and not an Windows issue)

• 3. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
          Maverick3k

Copied ig9icd32.dll from Build 4501 to the PSP Installationpath and guess what, Programm is working again.... so its a Driver Issue. Uninstaller still freezes.

Thank you very much for this remarkable "Support". Im more then convinced that my next System will have a Intel Product. It feels safe and Intel Support will provide tireless Support, even in their face of sweat!

• 4. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

I apologize for the late reply. I would like to replicate this issue. Please fill out the following form.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

You can copy the form using MS Word and attach it to this thread.

In order to attach files, make sure you select the "Advanced Editor" option in the top right of your reply window.  You will then be presented with an attach file dialogue at the bottom of the reply.

Allan.

• 5. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
              Maverick3k

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Thread...

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Custom

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
              ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

iGPU only.

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
              LFP
              = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
              EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Asus Vx279Q (via HDMI)

Samsung SyncMaster 741 (Analog, usually disabled, "Desktop only on Screen 2")

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

Enough free. 32GB (2x 16GB DDR4 2400@XMP, HyperX Savage)

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
              ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Bild1.jpg

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Corel Paint Shop Pro X (v10.10)

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Single, 2nd Monitor disabled by default, rarely used.

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1920*1080@60 HZ. (Asus)

1280*1024@75 HZ. (Samsung)

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

No Cable = No Energy

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
              A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

Program wont start when a Driver higher then Build 4501 is installed.

Programm freezes when App-Logo appears.

Program cant even get uninstalled, because Windows Installer hangs too.

When a newer driver is installed, copying the DLL „ig9icd32.dll“ from Build 4501 seem to fix the Program start. No hanging.

(Doesnt fix the Uninstall Problem anyway)

• 6. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
                Intel Corporation

Thank you for the report. I appreciate it.
                I have forwarded this information to the appropriate team. I will update this thread as soon as I get news about this matter. 

Allan.

• 7. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
                  Intel Corporation

I was trying to replicate this matter and I have downloaded from the official Corel website the version PaintShop Pro X9.
                  I was running Intel® HD graphics 520 and Intel® HD graphics 540 with driver version 4552 and the program did not have any launch issues.
                  I did noticed you are currently running Corel Paint Shop Pro X (v10.10) that I was not able to download.
                  Do you have a trial version of it?
                  Where can I get v10.10?

Thanks
                  Allan.

• 8. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
                    Maverick3k

Unfortunately no Trial avaible. i would ask Corel Support for this. I use the Free Version they provided a long time ago. (I hardly use it anyway, but im more or less "used" to it and it was working until the last Drivers)

It seems to be related with the OpenGL Driver DLL. (ig9icd32.dll)

Its just an weired issue. Im wondering if there are other Programs that experience the same or similiar "Issue".

• 9. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
                      Intel Corporation

I do not have reports of same issues with the Dll file.
                      I had version 9 working properly. if you get the chance to speak with Corel and they offer any update, please share it.

Allan.

• 10. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
                        Maverick3k

Of course will do your Job. I dont care anymore. Ordered a Graphicscard and i consider upgrading to a "Gamechangeing" CPU soon...  R.....

• 11. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
                          alexwent

Hi. I would like to re-open this question (Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit) ). I have a new computer with the Intel HD 620 driver integrated with the CPU. I have experienced exactly the same problems as indicated above with my trusty legal copy of Paintshop Pro X2 (Version 12). Although not officially supported in WIn10, I have been running it on a WIn10 machine with Nvidia drivers for the last two years very successfully.. I have been in touch with Corel, and they recommend updating, which I am not inclined to do because their recent editions are poorer and slower than the one I use. I would dearly love to know if this could be supported in a new driver update.

Many thanks

• 12. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
                            Intel Corporation

Hi alexwent,

Thank you for reporting this issue, let me help you trying to replicate and do some testing with the Intel® graphics drivers and Corel Paint Shop Pro.

Please fill out the following form.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards,

Allan J.

• 13. Re: Corel Paint Shop Pro X wont start due to new Intel HD 530 Driver (Win 8.1 64bit)
                              alexwent

ategory

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

I have been using Paint Shop Pro X2 (version 12.0) for many years, across multiple platforms including WIn7 and Win10, without any issues. Recently I installed it on an ASUS UX410UA Zenbook, but cannot get past the Splash Screen unless I disable the native Intel 620 driver, Using MS Basic Adapter it works fine

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

ASUS UX410UA

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
                              ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No other graphics system. I can switch to MS Basic Display  Adapter

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
                              LFP
                              = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
                              EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP and EFP but irrelevant in this case. MS Basic Display Adapter does not output to EFP, and anyway I prefer Intel 620 for other reasons.

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
                              ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

Software (SW)

Operating System version (see note2 below).

WIndows Pro 10.0.15063

VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”.

Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below).

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

Corel Paint Shop Pro X2

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

Single

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

1920x1080 - but irrelevant - happens at all settings

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

Both

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
                              A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. Start PSP X2  under Win10
                              2. Will send screenshot to show exact point at which run ends, in netx post

1 2 Previous Next