4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 4:11 PM by Intel Corporation

Can't boot NUC6i7KYK with 2 displays

katehuen

NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon, latest bios 0042.

It was working ok until I connected a second display. After that, it just turns on, LED is on, fan too, but it does absolutely nothing for 1 min, until it reboots to do all over again.

So far, it's just as described in NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon NUC Bricked?

But the thing is, if I disconnect just one display, it boots normally. Doesn't matter which one I leave connected as long as it's only one.

The video is rather boring but you can see it here NUC6i7KYK boot loop with 2 displays - YouTube

Any clue?

DDR4 SDRAM G Skill F4-2133C15-16GRS

Samsung SM961 Polaris 256GB M.2-2280 PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe

Asus Pb287Q on Display port

Dell S2415H on HDMI

• 1. Re: Can't boot NUC6i7KYK with 2 displays
          N.Scott.Pearson

I have three displays connected to my KY and it boots fine (and always has). Do you have latest BIOS installed? Are you using any adapters between monitors and NUC?

• 2. Re: Can't boot NUC6i7KYK with 2 displays
            katehuen

Latest bios, no adapters. It did work before, pretty much the same setup I currently have, but all of a sudden, yesterday it started doing this. At the moment I have to unplug one monitor, and plug it back right after it boot. Really weird.

• 3. Re: Can't boot NUC6i7KYK with 2 displays
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

N. Scott Pearson, thanks for your assistance.

To: katehuen

Hello katehuen,

In regard to your concern, I would like to follow the next steps:

1. Could you please try to use a different cable to connect your NUC to the displays?
              2. If the issue persists with a different cable, please try to test the same cable you were using and a different cable to connect to a new display.
              3. Have you tested the different displays connected to another device with no issues?
              Please let me know the results of the previous steps if the issue persists, could you please let me know which Operating System are you using?

Please let me know your findings.

Best regards,
              Angie
              • 4. Re: Can't boot NUC6i7KYK with 2 displays
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello katehuen,

Could you please let me know the results of the following steps:

1. Could you please try to use a different cable to connect your NUC to the displays?
                2. If the issue persists with a different cable, please try to test the same cable you were using and a different cable to connect to a new display.
                3. Have you tested the different displays connected to another device with no issues?
                4. Could you please let me know which Operating System are you using?
                Please let me know how it goes in order to further assist you if required.

Best regards,
                Angie