3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2016 1:30 PM by Intel Corporation

over-the-air updates?

curie_q

Hi,

Do you have available data to upload a program to the Curie, over bluetooth?

Over-the-air update is listed in the datasheet, but there seems to be missing information on how to actually do this.

Is there a special bootloader that is used for OTA updates?  What format would I send the file, from the computer or phone?

Thanks!

cq

• 1. Re: over-the-air updates?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi curie_q,

Thank you for contacting us. I looked at the Curie datasheet and in fact it states that firmware update via OTA is possible. I’ve not tried this feature yet but I’ll do some research to see what I can find out about this. I’ll contact you back soon.

-Sergio

• 2. Re: over-the-air updates?
            jdtell

Hi Sergio,

Any update on this request?  OTA update flashing would be extremely helpful and timesaving, especially since we are testing out many devices at the same time.

Thanks,

John

• 3. Re: over-the-air updates?
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi cq,

Thank you for your patience.
              The Nordic BLE component in the Curie module can have the Bluetooth firmware upgraded OTA, at least the hardware can do that. In the boards supported by the Curie ODK it is normally updated via USB. The Bluetooth hardware may be programmed directly by accessing the Bluetooth component directly via its dedicated JTAG pins.

The current version of the Curie ODK does not have the means to update the Quark or ARC core firmware via wireless. This would be highly specific to your Curie-based product design. It would also need a companion app for a mobile device to transfer the code to the Curie-based device.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

-Sergio