8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2016 12:24 PM by Intel Corporation

Eclipse for C++ and Galileo Gen 2

Blasi

Hi,

I want to start developing on C++ for the Intel Galileo Gen 2 board and I am trying to setup the environment following the instructions. I have the board runnign and with network configured. I have it tested with the Arduino IDE. I have installed the Eclipse based Intel System Studio for IoT. When I try to create a new project I am seeing the following issues I am ot able to solve:

- When creating or importing a new project I see Edison, Joule, 32 & 64 bits Gateway or Minnoxboard as options, but no Galileo.

- When I configure the board it looks like it is connected, but it indicates that platform is unknown and not syncronized.

- When I open the Onboard Led Blink Demo It appears with multiple semantic errors as if there where missing libraries:

Symbol 'MRAA_ERROR_UNSPECIFIED' could not be resolved

Symbol 'stderr' could not be resolved

Looks like I am doing something wrong but I am not able to find what.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Eclipse for C++ and Galileo Gen 2
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Blasi,

Thank you for contacting us.

We’ll do our best to help you resolve this issue. You mention that when you’re creating or importing a new project you can’t see the Galileo as an option. Could you please attach a screenshot of this behavior? You also mention an error with missing libraries-have you installed additional libraries or configured the existing ones? In what step of https://software.intel.com/en-us/blinking-an-led-using-c-with-intel-system-studio-iot-edition do you receive the MRAA_ERROR_UNSPECIFIED error?

What OS do you have on your computer? Is the board connected to Wi-Fi?

We’ll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

• 2. Re: Eclipse for C++ and Galileo Gen 2
            Blasi

Hi Sergio,

This are the options I am offered when I tryto impor an example:

galileo-eclipse.png

My computer is running windows 10. I am connecting to the board through ethernet cable conection and SSH.

I see the errors in the code when completing step 7.

galileo-eclipse3.png

When trying to connect I have seen this error.

galileo-eclipse2.png

Thanks for your help.

bye,

Jordi

• 3. Re: Eclipse for C++ and Galileo Gen 2
              Intel Corporation

Hi Jordi,

Thank you for providing the information we requested. We’ve already reported this to the appropriate team. If you look at https://communities.intel.com/message/438831#438831 you can see this issue being reported.

Additionally, before finishing step 7, you already need to have an IP address assigned. Have you already gone through these steps? If you’re connecting through SSH, I’d suggest you to take a look at https://software.intel.com/en-us/creating-an-ssh-connection-in-intel-system-studio-iot-edition .

Let us know if this was useful.

-Sergio

• 4. Re: Eclipse for C++ and Galileo Gen 2
                Blasi

I am seeing that the network device is correctly configured. I can access through a SSH terminal and I see that Eclipse is "Connected".

What I see is that is trying to run a script that is not working correctly:

root@galileo:~#

chmod 777 /tmp/device-detection.sh; /tmp/device-detection.sh; ex it;

cat: /etc/issue.net: No such file or directory

UNKNOW_DEVICE

• 5. Re: Eclipse for C++ and Galileo Gen 2
                  Blasi

I have modified the device-detection.sh script so it identifies the board as a edison board and now I see this:galileo-eclipse5.png

I am not sure what it does when trying to see the package status.

I also don't know how to solve the missing libraries references. Is it a related issue?

Thanks.

• 6. Re: Eclipse for C++ and Galileo Gen 2
                    Blasi

Following with the investigation I have seen that when building the project, the error I get is this one:

docker exec -i cbbb112f9322b51bd2ace68a42b12449c5a0ee503c2b3b0acc1db8f790e9af7f /bin/bash -c "cd /workspace/Hello_World/Debug && i586-poky-linux-g++ -I/usr/include/upm -I/usr/include/mraa -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 --sysroot= -m32 -march=i586 -c -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -o src/main.o ../src/main.cpp"

/bin/bash: line 0: cd: /workspace/Hello_World/Debug: No such file or directory

• 7. Re: Eclipse for C++ and Galileo Gen 2
                      Blasi

Hi,

Any news?

I have not been able to build any code in C for the Intel Galileo board. I am not sure if it is a Intel Studio version issue or I am missing something else.

Thanks,

Jordi

• 8. Re: Eclipse for C++ and Galileo Gen 2
                        Intel Corporation

Hi Blasi,

Thank you for keeping us updated on your tests. The easiest way for you to use the Galileo with ISS would be to download and install a previous version of the IDE. The previous versions have Galileo as an option when you select the board, unlike this newer versions of the IDE. Using a previous version would be more effective than trying to find a workaround to use Galileo with the newest version.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this case.

-Sergio