I am going to guess that you are using Windows 10. If so, the Mobile 4 express chipset graphics are not supported.
Look way down this page under "Legacy":
Al is right, the support is up to Windows 7* for this platform.
If you have this OS or lower, feel free to check the drivers added here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/97504/Legacy-Graphics
In here you will be able to filter out by OS and type, please select current OS and type would be drivers.
If you have issues installing them, please follow these instructions:
1. Access the device manager and look for display adapters
2. Right click and uninstall the driver, make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device"
3. Download the driver
4. Open this link: for Windows 10/8: http://intel.ly/1PdmvLd or Windows 7*: http://intel.ly/25JPVYX
5. Disconnect the system from the internet and proceed with steps in the guide above (step# 4)
If the problem persists, it would be great to have the following information to further assist you.
-CPU full model:
-Brand and model of the system:
-Current driver version:
How to check driver version installed?
1. Access device manager and look for display adapters
2. Right click on Intel HD Graphics adapter
3. Go to driver tab
Please let me know how it goes