1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 10:20 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel DZ77GA-70K Bricked by BIOS express BIOS update, what's a good substitute?

Adiaz201

Hello everyone!

So I got a new graphics card for my gaming PC, it's a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING ACX 3.0. I should have worked fine with my board but it just didn't. So after checking forums, I decided to try to update the BIOS using the express utility from the intel website. It bricked my motherboard, I tried the BIOS restore to no avail. This is the second board that has been bricked by the BIOS update, I just don't want to buy a new processor when the one I have is perfectly fine and was (and IS) very expensive.

What's a good replacement motherboard that will work with:

-Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K

-EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, Pci express 3.0

-32 GB DDR3

Also, if someone has any idea how to unbrick it and make it work with the GTX 1060....

• 1. Re: Intel DZ77GA-70K Bricked by BIOS express BIOS update, what's a good substitute?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Adiaz201,

I am truly sorry to hear your mobo stopped working! Please remember that you have the option to check your warranty options with our support over the phone, chat or email.

In terms of compatible boards, I can recommend the following link: http://intel.ly/2guuZkJ

There you can find both Intel and third party boards that are compatible with your Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor

Some things you can check while choosing a new motherboard:
          -Ports required
          -Expansion options
          -Connections required
          -Features required
          -Form factor (size), depends on your case and requirements

Please remember that the best option for you is to get a board that has PCIe 3.0 available so you can get the best out of your PICe 3.0 GPU!!

If any additional inquiries come to mind in the future, feel free to contact us back

Regards,
          Esteban C