5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2016 11:06 AM by AdamMiltonBarker

Cannot install Intel System Studio IoT Edition on Mac, Windows 10 or Linux

AdamMiltonBarker

Hi guys, I have posted this on the other forums but have had no response and our project is time critical.

We entered the hackathon at IoT World Congress and are continuing the project and have a demo in the next few days but we are seriously held up by the Intel System Studio IDE. We need to compile OpenCV and Caffe on the Edison but the members of our development team that have attempted to install the IDE have met the same fate, I will post the link to the original thread but will also post the issues below, these issues have been reproduced by more than on developer in different locations and devices.

Cannot install on Mac, Windows 10 or Linux

Is there any way around getting this (IoT Versions https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-the-intel-system-studio-iot-...) installed on Mac, WIndows or Linux, my version of Mac is not supported. 10.12 and Windows continually gives error of:

Intel® System Studio IoT Edition Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).
      Can't create/start docker machine: no progress report file was found

I later got around that by disabling HyperV which seemed to get further now fails that with lots of errors:

Can't create/start docker machine: Starting "default"...
      (default) Check network to re-create if needed...
      Error setting up host only network on machine start: C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe modifyvm default --nic2 hostonly --nictype2 82540EM --nicpromisc2 deny --hostonlyadapter2 VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter #3 --cableconnected2 on failed:
      VBoxManage.exe: error: Code E_FAIL (0x80004005) - Unspecified error (extended info not available)
      VBoxManage.exe: error: Context: "LockMachine(a->session, LockType_Write)" at line 507 of file VBoxManageModifyVM.cpp
      finished with error 1

I have also tried installing on Ubuntu, the file downloaded does not match the one described in your documents it is not called iss-iot-linux.tar.bz2 and ss-iot-launcher.sh does not exist when it is extracted. On manually running install_GUI.sh or install.sh it fails with:

Failed to download file http://downloadmirror.intel.com/26206/eng/intel_iot_ostro.tar

The following documentation is incorrect the files mentioned do not exist:

IoT - Installing the Intel® System Studio IoT Edition | Intel® Software

Ideally I want to install this on my Mac is there any work around ? Thanks in advance.

If anyone can assist it really is time sensitive, thanks in advance.