12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2017 8:58 AM by Intel Corporation

How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison

sonykec

I am doing a project using the intel edison card.

The card will give you an ipv6 address. Everything is correct.

But when I want to connect via web, with the browser, it does not connect.
      With ipv4, it connects perfectly.
      But when I try to do it with ipv6 it can not connect.

My network supports ipv6.
      The pings6 between the intel edison card and my pc are correct. No problem.

The only thing I can not do is connect to the web browser
      Please help.

• 1. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi Sonykec,

Thanks for contacting us!

We appreciate all the information provided, we have noticed that you have asked for this information in this other thread: https://communities.intel.com/thread/104703?start=15&tstart=0, this behavior is related with the edison-config-server.js file and you would need to modify it as was mentioned in the other thread:

“The edison-config-server.js file is listening to ipv4 requests. You’d need to modify this script to listen to ipv6 requests. The file can be found /usr/lib/edison_config_tools/edison-config-server.js. I’d suggest you to look for nodejs examples on how to implement ipv6 requests.”

Hope this information helps.

Regards,
          -Yermi

• 2. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
            sonykec

Hi.

I raised this question again, because I could not answer the previous post. It was already blocked.

And with respect to the question. I implemented the changes that I suggested in the previous post, however the card intel edison does not respond even to requests with ipv6.

The changes I made were in the final line of that file, increasing the following:

Original

http.createServer (requestHandler) .listen (80);

Change

http.createServer (requestHandler) .listen (80, ':: 1');

Once I made this change I turned it on and turned on the intel edison card, and it still does not accept my requests on ipv6.

I tried commenting on this line, as I saw it in a post. And I did not work either.

Only responds to requests in ipv4

Help me please

• 3. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
              Intel Corporation

Hi Sonykec,

Thanks for the information provided, we’ll investigate in order to know if we can find useful information that helps with what you want to achieve. We’ll appreciate your patience during the meantime.

Regards,
              -Yermi

• 4. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
                Intel Corporation

Hi Sonykec,

Thank you very much for patience.

We have been investigating and we would like to share you what we found. Please take a look at this site: http://code.danyork.com/2011/01/21/how-to-use-node-js-with-ipv6/, there you will find very helpful information. As a summary you can add the ipv6 address of the Edison on the mentioned file (the edison-config-server.js) and the requests will be answered.

Regards,
                -Yermi

• 5. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
                  sonykec

Hi

Implement the changes I suggested, however I still have the same problem.

Try to access with the IPv6 address that has my intel edison card from the browser without any result.

Try to access with the IPv4 address that has my intel edison card from the browser and here if I could do it.

Ping tests between the card and the computer I use are correct with IPv6.
                  I can even access the card via ssh.

The only thing I want now is for the browser to listen to requests with IPv6

The card is loaded with the latest version of yocto and I am working on linux

Help me please

• 6. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
                    sonykec

Hi

I was testing and deleting the edison-config-server.js file.

Try to access the program I want to use on the intel edison card using ipv4 in the web browser and there was no problem whatsoever.

With that I can conclude that the problem is not in the file edison-config-server.js

Elsewhere on the intel edison card is the problem.

I hope with this, you can help me more easily.

• 7. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
                      YermiA_Intel

Hi Sonykec,

Thanks for sharing your results, I have been working on some tests, however, I would like to let you know that I’ll continue working on it and as soon as I find useful information I’ll let you know.

We appreciate your patience during the meantime.

Regards,

-Yermi

• 8. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
                        Intel Corporation

Hi Sonykec,

I would like to let you know that I’m still working on it.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
                        -Yermi

• 9. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
                          Intel Corporation

Hi sonykec,

Please accept our apologies for the delay. Take a look at these steps needed to accomplish it, modify the /usr/lib/edison_config_tools/edison-config-server.js file on Edison as follows:
                          this:      http.createServer(requestHandler).listen(80);
                          to this:   http.createServer(requestHandler).listen(80, '::');

After the modification you may need to restart the server with the "systemctl daemon-reload" command.

Make sure the nodejs package version is updated as well as ipv6 was not implemented in older versions. Please check node version by doing the "node --version" command, the version that worked fine for us was v0.10.28. You can update nodejs with the opkg command "opkg update" and "opkg install nodejs".

Hope this information helps, also if you have any question with the steps above, don’t hesitate to ask.

Regards,
                          -Yermi

• 10. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
                            Intel Corporation

Hi Sonykec,

We would like to know if the information posted above helps or if you still need help in this case.

Regards,
                            -Yermi

• 11. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
                              sonykec

Hi

Try to do what you suggested. However, I could not connect to ivp6 through the browser.

But from so much trying, I could already implement ipv6 requests in Intel Edison.

I'll explain how I did it

1. Download the latest version of yocto from this page.
                              https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/downloads.

The latest version is "iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-edison-20160606.zip"

2. Install the new version on the Intel Edison.

3. I proceeded to connect to the ipv6 network using the commands suggested in the previous post I made.

systemctl start connman
                              systemctl enable connman
                              connmanctl
                                        enable wifi
                                        scan wifi
                                        services

agent on
                                        connect <service>

quit

wpa_cli save

And with this I connect to the IPv6 network.

I proceeded to create a simple program with node.js to verify if my problem had been solved.

And I got it.

I can now listen to IPv6 requests with Intel Edison from the browser.

Thank you very much for your help.

• 12. Re: How to implement ipv6 requests on Intel Edison
                                Intel Corporation

Hi SonyKec,

We’re happy to know that you can now listen to IPv6 requests with the Edison from the browser, also thanks for sharing the steps you followed to accomplish that, we’re sure it will help other user too.

Regards,
                                -Yermi