2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2016 6:38 PM by Intel Corporation

Time to turn off HDD setting

rtcary

I have installed Linux (Centos 7) on a NUC5i5RYH -- flawless installation - and would like to know if there is a setting to have the HDD turn off in the BIOS.

Todd

• 1. Re: Time to turn off HDD setting
          N.Scott.Pearson

There are no BIOS parameters associated with this capability - and certainly none that could do anything once the O/S has started booting (the BIOS is no longer running from then on). Usually, this capability is handled by the O/S). Check you O/S' Configuration/Setup subsystem for related parameters...

...S

• 2. Re: Time to turn off HDD setting
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to for the information posted previously.

To :

I just wanted to confirm the above information as correct, there is no option on the BIOS to turn off the HDD.

This option might be available on the OS, since you are using Linux I just wanted to let you know that Intel does not test and validate Intel® NUC on Linux; however we know that a lot of NUC owners are using it successfully on many different Linux distros.
            So, at this point the best thing to do will be to access your Linux distro's website and forums for peer assistance with this matter at:

http://ubuntuforums.org/

Any questions, please let me know

Alberto