6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 12:05 PM by Intel Corporation

Win 10 Driver availability for 570x module

jasondc

Is there a driver set that will be made available for the 570x module?  I would like to do some prototype testing, however one of the software packages needs to sit on a desktop Win 10 installation, not IoT core.

• 1. Re: Win 10 Driver availability for 570x module
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello jasondc,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, could you please explain us what you are trying to achieve?

Anyhow, you can find Joule's Windows configuration tool in https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/joule/downloads. Is this what you are trying to find?

Let me know.
          -Peter.

• 2. Re: Win 10 Driver availability for 570x module
            jasondc

Peter,

I don't think this is what I was looking for, but I could be mistaken.

I have a Joule 570x dev kit which I have installed Windows 10 pro (not IoT Core) onto in order to support a specific application and prototype effort.  Windows 10 is running and functional, however several hardware devices are identified within the device manager as "Unknown Device" or some generic derivative.  Typically the hardware provider supplies a package of drivers associated with the device to allow proper function.  I understand that the joule was released with an IoT Core image as well as a Linux image, however neither of these OS's are suitable for the software I need to install.  The question is whether Intel will be providing a driver set for the hardware to allow for function on a standard Win 10 installation as opposed to solely the IoT Core edition.

• 3. Re: Win 10 Driver availability for 570x module
              Intel Corporation

I understand what you mean now. As you mentioned, Joule was not released compatible with a full version of Windows, therefore the lack of drivers you mentioned.

We are currently working on improving Joule's documentation and features but these updates will come first to the already compatible OSs. I wouldn't rule out compatibility with this specific OS in the future but right now I believe my best suggestion is that you contact Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/) to see if they can help you. Perhaps they can help you adapt the Windows IoT drivers to work on a full version of Windows.

I hope this helps. If you have any other doubts, please don't hesitate to come back to the community.
              -Peter.

• 4. Re: Win 10 Driver availability for 570x module
                C-Coder

Peter,

The same situation applies for IoT Core. A lot of things are not yet supported via drivers. But I imagine that when they are, the same drivers should work with a full version of Windows 10.

How did you get the full version installed btw?

Thanks,

C-Coder

• 5. Re: Win 10 Driver availability for 570x module
                  jasondc

I extracted the win 10 pro installer from the MS image and setup install, boot, recovery etc drives on an external USB drive using a couple blog entries I found on google.  Will post links when I get back to the office

• 6. Re: Win 10 Driver availability for 570x module
                    Intel Corporation

Hi C-Coder,

I understand, for the specific case of Windows IoT core, I suggest you to post a new thread on their community (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/Community) as they own the support for this OS and should be able to provide you help in this matter.

What happens with full Windows 10, is that this OS is not officially supported. So, although it may be possible to install it, just like jasondc did, it will probably have issues such as the mentioned above.

If you have any other doubts related to Joule, I will be more than glad to help.
                    -Peter.