1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 4:29 PM by Intel Corporation

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)

MissingNo.

So I build a machine with this Celeron G1820 processor and installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it. The problem is I'm getting this error frequently and when it happens, the screen goes black and turns on in 1 second, sometimes crashing applications.

At first I suspected this was a driver problem, so I updated it to the latest version (15.36.31.4414) but nothing changed, then I proceeded to format the HDD and reinstall the OS, same thing. Then I suspected this could be a motherboard problem and I updated it, no dice. Later I decided to get return this motherboard and get another from a different model and manufacturer (Asus H81M-CS), updated it to the latest version and everything, and even changed the RAM modules, but the damn error kept happening.

I really don't know what to do, I've installed the latest drivers for everything, every Windows update, updated the BIOS, changed the mobo, changed RAMs, formatted and reinstalled the OS, but the error doesn't wants to go away. Someone please, help me.

This is a print from the Event Viewer showing the error

Sem título.png

And this is my setup (I'm currently using this old GT210 to avoid the error)

Capturar.PNG

• 1. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello MissingNo.,

In regard to your concern for testing porpuses, I would like you to please complete a manual install of the following drivers and let me know if you were able to solve the issue with any of them.

How to Manually Install a Graphics Driver in Windows 7*

Let me know the results with both of the following drivers:

Version: 15.36.28.4332 (Previously Released) Date: 12/11/2015

Version: 15.36.26.4294 (Previously Released) Date: 10/9/2015

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Best regards,
          Angie

• 2. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
            MissingNo.

Hey Angie, first thanks for the answer. I tried the versions you recommended but I'm still getting the same error. I even tried the Windows Update recommended driver ( Version 15.36.26.4264 - 10.18.14.4264) but no luck.

• 3. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
              Intel Corporation

Hello MissingNo.,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will proceed to do a second and extensive research of your concern. As one last detail that I will need; could you please complete the following information:

CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)
              DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issue 
              Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%):
                 Often (51-99%):
                 Sporadic (20-50%):
                 Very Sporadic (<20%):
              Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system. 
              Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
                 ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
                 LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
                 EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below). 
              Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
                 ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below). 
              Software (SW)Operating System version (see note2 below). 
              VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”. 
              Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below). 
              SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue. 
              ConfigurationsSingle display, clone, or extended (see note2 below). 
              Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below). 
              AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not? 
              How to reproPlease provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
                 A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

Once that you reply I will continue with the investigation as soon as possible.

Regards,
              Angie

• 4. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                MissingNo.
                CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)
                DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issue Randomly getting a "Display driver stopped responding and recovered" error.
                Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")

Always (100%):
                   Often (51-99%):X
                   Sporadic (20-50%):
                   Very Sporadic (<20%):
                Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system. N/A
                Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
                   ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?
                Nvidia GT210 to avoid the error showing everytime.
                Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
                   LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)
                   EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)
                External Flat Panel (LG W1642C)
                How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below). 4GB
                Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
                   ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc
                N/A
                Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_85341043&REV_06

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0402&SUBSYS_85341043

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0402&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0402&CC_0300

Software (SW)Operating System version (see note2 below). Windows 7 SP1 x64 (all updates installed)
                VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in “information page” of CUI (right click on Desktop and select “Graphics Properties”. 1030.0
                Graphics Driver version; for both integrated Intel and 3rd party vendors (see note2 below). 10.18.14.4144
                SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue. Chrome, CS:GO, Windows Explorer, Dolphin Emulator
                ConfigurationsSingle display, clone, or extended (see note2 below). Single display
                Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below). 1366x768@60Hz
                AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not? AC
                How to reproPlease provide steps to replicate the issue.  These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
                   A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

1. It's pretty random but happens frequently when doing some graphic intensive activities like watching a video on YouTube or playing some games.

2. Sem título.png

3. I don't have a pic from the exact moment it happens, but I found this, it's exactly the same error (even says Windows 8(R) despite my OS being Windows 7.
                       1.jpg

• 5. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                  Intel Corporation

Hello MissingNo.,

Thanks for your reply.

We will continue with the investigation of your matter.

Best regards,
                  Angie

• 7. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                    Intel Corporation

Hello MissingNo.,

I do apologize for the delay on my reply.

We are still working with your concern, as we have further details we will let you know.

We will try to contact you as soon as possible.

Regards,
                    Angie

• 8. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                      Intel Corporation

Hello MissingNo.,

I would like to confirm some additional details with you.

Could you please provide us the following reports (on each link you will be able to download the tool for the report that we need):

Intel® System Support Utility

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Once that you reply, we will continue with the investigation.

Best regards,
                      Angie

• 9. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                        Intel Corporation

Hello MissingNo.,

Please help us to confirm the results of the following reports (on each link you will be able to download the tool for the report that we need):

Intel® System Support Utility

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Once that you reply, we will continue with the investigation.

Best regards,
                        Angie

• 10. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                          MissingNo.

Sorry to have kept you waiting, I was on a travel. Here are the reports

• 11. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                            Intel Corporation

Hello MissingNo.,

Thanks for your reply.

We will continue with the investigation of your concern, based on what you have provided.

As soon as we have further details, we will let you know our findings.

Best regards,
                            Angie

• 12. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                              Intel Corporation

Hello MissingNo.,

Thank you for your valuable time.

We are still working on the investigation of your concern.

Once that we have any outcomes we will inform you.

Regards,
                              Angie

• 13. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                                Intel Corporation

Hello MissingNo.,

Thank you for your time.

I am still working on your concern.

With the information provided, I was able to see that your equipment where you can see the issue is an Asus.

1. Could you please confirm the model of your equipment or the model of the motherboard?

Best regards,
                                Angie

• 14. Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered (G1820)
                                  MissingNo.

Yes, it's an Asus H81M-CS/BR, but I don't think the motherboard could be related to the problem since the same thing used to happen when I had an PCWARE IPMH81G1.

1 2 Previous Next