Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

I want to buy a new processor but I dont know if my motherboard is compatible?

idata
Employee

I am looking for a new processor but I have no idea if my motherboard will be compatible at all. please help, I have a lenovo desktop, but I don't know any specs of my motherboard. I currently have an Intel i3 processor, and I'm looking to get an i5

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AJana1
Valued Contributor I

This is the Hello from Aaron Janagewen,

Would you please provides the detail information on your current Core i3 processor? For example, its model number, frequency and so forth. Software such as CPU-Z might assist you to obtain such information, download from http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID .

Upgrade the processors for desktop is not a hard job, but for one thing remember on mind, the firmware might prevent you from doing that. But trying is the best know to find the answer, born to try (a song from Delta Goodrem), great! I just wish you good luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Marchiando,

In regard to your concern, please bear in mind the following details:

-It is very important to know if the socket of your processor it is compatible with the new one.

-The supported frequency of your motherboard.

-Compatible settings of your motherboard with any processor.

So then, in order to complete a safety upgrade; my recommendation it is to confirm directly with Lenovo the options that you have. You can contact them at:

http://support.lenovo.com/cr/en/ Lenovo Support

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Marchiando,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos