Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

Project: To install a Intel 600p NVME M.2 ssd 512 GB into a ASUS G752VS-RB71 laptop. the 600p is not seen by the Toolbox app.

idata
Employee

The AMI bios indicates the 600p in PCI setting..... I don't know what to do to the bios for completing project.

AMI bios 306 pci listing indicates the following

Realtek UEFI UNDI DRIVER

DRIVER VERSION 2.035 2015/03/30

DEVICE NAME REALTEK PCIe GBE FAMILY

PCI SLOT 3:00:00

Any help is appreciated

PS

G752 manual states that SATA ssd m.2 sticks are not compatible. ie Samsung 850 EVO

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Crazyhorseonapc,

Could you please let us know the following:

-What is the operating system you have or would like to install?

-When you say "Not seen by the Toolbox app", Do you mean the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox?

-If this is Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox, what is the version you have installed? (The only version compatible with this drive is the 3.4.0, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26387/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox here is the link)

We've checked the laptop's specs and it seems the M.2 port the system has is compatible with the SSD, PCI-e Gen 3 x4. According to that, it should be fine.

We always recommend checking with the system's manufacturer for compatibility issues, please let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel toolbox 3.40 did not detect ssd

Using words that I explain this to my self.. It turned out that the bios was hiding the ssd, Under bios setting, Intel Rapid storage, the 600p shows up as a RAID drive I changed that to AHCI. rebooted and the 600p showed up in window disk management.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Crazyhorseonapc,

We understand that after changing some setting in the BIOS your SSD is now detected by the system.

We would like to know if the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox is still not detecting your SSD at all?

If you need further assistance please let us know, we will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel toolbox 3.4.0 does detect the 600p now after bios setting was changed. I am very happy with the purchase and think that the 600p has excellent value. In fact the best value for this size.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Crazyhorseonapc,

Thanks for confirming the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox is also detecting fine the SSD. We are glad to hear the product suits your needs.

Have a nice week.

Regards,

NC
0 Kudos