Just to clarify, Intel does not actively encourage OC since damage can be caused to the unit while practicing this procedure (which voids the warranty).
With that said, here you can find some things you can do related to this issue.
1. Without OC, run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (to check health of your CPU, in it fails, please contact us by phone, chat or email to check warranty options available): http://intel.ly/1WgoGzz
2. Are you getting any special error messages while these crashes happen?
3. Are you getting any BSOD error messages?
4. I recommend looking for OC guides online
5. I found this video that could help with the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjIweExETlI
*Things to note in the video:
-Note tips when crashes are present
-Note the "test" settings done
-Note recommendations advised on the video
-Check memory recommendations on the video
-Check cooling solution
-Check mobo capabilities
-Check if there is OC software built-in the BIOS
-Check OC software within windows
6. You can also wait for peers at the Intel Communities to provide some feedback to you related to this OC problem
Please check and follow recommendations there and let me know how it goes
In case the Diagnostic tool fails, here you can find contact information: http://intel.ly/29LZ0fn
NOTE: This link (video) is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.
I returned the processor for another and this one is working a lot better.