Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

i7 6700k skylake - Big difference between cores temperature - 13°C difference between coldest and hottest core

idata
Employee

I bought brand new i7 6700k proccesor and did monitoring in hwinfo and real temp.

Cooling is very good: Noctua NH-U12S with two fans.

I have factory default clock and dont use GPU in CPU.

I have also differences in voltage for cores. Here is maximum.

1,285V, 1,282V, 1,276, 1,264

IDLE minimum temps:

28, 30, 26, 26 °C

Under load in gaming is difference between coldest and hottest much bigger. Here is maximum:

65, 70, 58, 57 °C

Is this temps in normal in overall ??? In want good longevity and dont really sure about high temps for two 70 and 65 core. When others has only 58 and 57. Im really bored about return my cpu and change for other piece...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello NohyCZ,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Please run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. If it passes, your processor is fine.

This temperature is completely normal. Make sure your BIOS is set to default settings and up to date.

If you use a third party software to measure the temperature or the BIOS readings, contact the software vendor to ensure the software is validated to work with your processor.

Regards,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello NohyCZ,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Please run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. If it passes, your processor is fine.

This temperature is completely normal. Make sure your BIOS is set to default settings and up to date.

If you use a third party software to measure the temperature or the BIOS readings, contact the software vendor to ensure the software is validated to work with your processor.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos