1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 6:02 AM by SpiderKenny

Edison long time to boot plus wifi problems

SpiderKenny

I have a brand new Edison which I am trying to set up.

It is on the Mini-Breakout board.

I have flashed the latest firmware using the config tool but am having problems with the Edison.

After successfully flashing the latest firmware the "enable SSH" and "Configure WiFi" options in the config tool both fail.

During boot it pauses for 90 seconds at "a start job is running for sys-subsystem-net-devices"

Once booted I can login via the serial port, but there is a definite sluggishness about the the command line.

If I then enter "configure_edison --wifi" it hangs for a long time at "Starting scan" an eventually gives:

"A dependency job for wpa_supplicant.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details.

Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: (null)  error: No such file or directory

Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: (null)  error: No such file or directory"

It seems there is some issue with the wifi subsystem. Can you suggest any diagnostics I can try?

Thanks!

Kenny.

• 1. Re: Edison long time to boot plus wifi problems
          SpiderKenny

OK Looks like this could be due to me running the config tool on macOS 10.12. When you launch the tool is does mention that it is compatible only up to macOS 10.11, but allows you to carry on anyway.

It seems that the image may have gotten corrupted during flashing, although it reported that it had been successfully updated.

Anyway, I re-ran the firmware image update on Windows 10 using the Win64 version of the update tool and the Edison is behaving properly now.

Hopefully there will be a compatible version of the tool for macOS 10.12 soon.