Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Graphics bug in Euro Truck Simulator 2 - HD 620

JJano3
Beginner

Hey,

it happens when it rains.

When I launch the game in OpenGL-mode, the bug doesnt happen, but then, the game, although set to fullscreen, is displayed as if windowed in the upper left corner of the screen.

laptop: Dell Inspiron 5567, driver version: 21.20.16.4526

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi Jott89

This was reported resolved in our latest builds. Keep an eye out for mention of it in the ReleaseNotes of our next 15.45 releases to see which driver this made it into.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Looks even worse in OpenGL mode on my rig.

At the download page - http://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/ Euro Truck Simulator 2 on Steam - the developer claims that min. requirement is an Intel HD 4000

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to run and test driver version 15.45.10.4542 ?

If you did, please fill out the sticky and report back.

Allan.
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

@ Allan

Are you still talking to the topic starter or to me?

Build 4542 is Gen9 only, i.e not for my Broadwell.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

@Jott89 and Stefan3D

If you have this problem, please fill it out. We will go from there.

Allan.
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Missing environment and screwed light-rays in rear mirror when launching in OpenGL mode on Broadwell GPU as opposed to the test by Jott89 on Gen9 GPU.

As i already said in the developer forum: you seem to have forgotten to commit OpenGL fixes to the Broadwell branch (IG8ICD) since build v4463 ???

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): x

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Acer Aspire E5-571G

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

NVIDIA Optimus

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

LFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8 GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Broadwell GPU

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

<td style="border: 0px solid black; padding: 0 5.4pt 0 5.4pt; border-right: solid windowtext 1.0pt; border-bottom: solid wi...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information. I will update this thread as soon as I get news about this matter.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the picture.

At this stage, I recommend updating to the latest graphics drivers and test the game

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26404/Intel-Graphics-Driver-15-45- Latest graphics drivers 15.45.10.4542

If the problem remains, please report back by filling out this form

/thread/77761 Default level information for reporting Graphics issues

Allan.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi Jott89

This has gone through replication and is now assigned to a debug engineer. Investigation continues, no root cause has been determined yet. I'll post more news as it comes...

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi Jott89

This was reported resolved in our latest builds. Keep an eye out for mention of it in the ReleaseNotes of our next 15.45 releases to see which driver this made it into.

0 Kudos
JLa1
Novice

I have an Intel HD 620 and I'm also getting the weird rain. Is this fixed yet because I have the latest drivers and it's still bugged.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi Jacky,

What driver version are you using? Could you send a screenshot of the version # to confirm? Thanks.

0 Kudos
JLa1
Novice

My driver version is 21.20.16.4664.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

I see what happened, they moved the fix for this out to a higher branch. You're on 15.45. It's currently targeted for the 15.46 branch by the end of Q3'17 so we'll need to wait for a 15.46 release.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jacky,

Thank you for your patience.

There is a new graphics driver available for download, this is version 15.46. Please download, install it and let us know your feedback.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941

Hope this helps.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jacky161,

I was wondering if you were able to update the latest graphics drivers version 4729 and test the game.

Thank you for your time.

Allan J
0 Kudos
JLa1
Novice

The new driver seems to have fixed it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jacky161,

Thank you for sharing this information. I am glad to hear the new driver version 4729 fixed this issue.

Allan J.
0 Kudos