Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HELP: Screen Black problem

idata
Employee

hi,

i m using lenovo edge 2 laptop. while working or watching movie, its display sometimes become black all of a sudden and i cant do anything. i have to forcefully shut it down. after rebooting it becomes normal but after some time or few day this problem occurs again. i have uninstalled the display adapter intel(r) hd graphics 520. but my laptop automatically reinstall it. what should i do?

Please help me. because of this i have lost some very important work of mine.

regards,

Kazi Arif

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello KaziArif,

Let me gather more information in regard to your system, please use the following tool https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility to get that information, once done attach it. To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box. One more question, have you made any hardware changes?

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Employee

Hi Amy,

Many Many Thanks for replying back. As you wanted i m attaching the information here. And i did not made any hardware change.

if you need hardware scan please let me know. i appreciate your kind help.

Best regards,

KaziArif

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/108537 KaziArif,

Please try updating the following drivers;

Please let me know how that goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Amy,

Thanks again for prompt reply. I have tried to do so as you said but for first three link you provided i could not update the drivers. After clicking the Start Scan there is a message shows "Your system is not supported for System Update." So what should i do now. I have already downloaded the Intel Graphics Driver [15.45]. I was outside for some work for few days so I cant reply to you promptly. Please help me.

Best Regards,

Kazi Arif

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Based on your computer model, these drivers are compatible and they should work. So, please try installing the drivers manually, use the links provided above.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/108537 KaziArif,

Were you able to install the drivers manually?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Amy,

I have installed all the drivers manually. And thanks God, it worked . I observed last 1 month if i face the issue again but there was no such issue occurred. I really thank you for your prompt support.

Best regards and wishes,

Kazi Arif

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Kazi, thank you for letting me know the outcome. I am really glad to hear that!

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos