11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2016 5:55 PM by cvare

Skull Canyon and Razer Core (Error 12)

Lithorien

Good afternoon, Intel Forums. I was kicked over here by Razer after some attempts at troubleshooting an issue between the Intel NUC6I7KYK (Skull Canyon) and the Razer Core. I have seen on these forums that some people have successfully managed to connect the two, and was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.

So I attached a razer core to my nuc via the TB3 connection. I am running Windows 7. The TB firmware is version 18 (had to update from 16), and I am using the latest TB drivers listed on the NUC6I7KYK product page. I have both the latest Intel HD Graphics drivers, and the latest NVidia drivers, installed. The NUC can see and work with the razer core's external features (like the USB ports), but when I try to use the graphics card (GeForce GTX 760), in Device Manager it shows up as having error code 12, or, "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)".

I have attempted uninstalling and reinstalling all appropriate drivers (TB/HD Graphics/NVidia Graphics), I have the latest BIOS for the NUC now, and I have tried uninstalling the Iris Pro 580 from Device Manager and just leaving the GTX. The Core is attached to my monitor by a DVI cable which is not receiving any output from the graphics card (confirming that it is not, in fact, getting initialized and used by Windows). Razer is telling me that it's a BIOS issue, but as I said, I am on the latest version.

Any advice on troubleshooting steps to take from here would be greatly appreciated.