1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 12:32 PM by Intel Corporation

BIOS set up

kal1022

Hi, I am new to this chat,

So i just got the intel aero and have been working on setting up the board.

So far, I have botted the board with a usb image and are stuck on updating the bios step.

These are the steps on the git hub get started page,

BIOS firmware updates for the Intel Aero Compute Board, called “capsules” are distributed as “rpm” packages. The procedure to update the BIOS is given below.

Prerequisites:

• The Intel Aero Compute Board should already have a firmware flashed in it
      • OS is provisioned and boots to shell

Flash Capsule:

• Before you proceed, ensure md5sum of downloaded capsule is same as listed on Download Center. If md5sum differs, then DO NOT proceed to next step, as it may brick your board. Try downloading the capsule again or contact us to get help
      • style="margin-top:16px;margin-bottom:16px"
      • Install rpm:
      • root@intel-aero:~# mkdir temp
        root@intel-aero:~# mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 ~/temp
      • root@intel-aero:~# rpm -ivh <capsule-file>

Where I am confused and can't get through is, what do i have to replace <capsule-file> with? Also, do i have to but the capsule rpm. file that I downloaded from the intel download center on the same usb that I flashed the image to the emmc? Also Whenever I put the code,

root@intel-aero:~# mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 ~/temp

I get an error message saying

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error, In some cases useful info is found in syslog  - try dmesg | tail or so.

Just to be clear, I do not really have a background in coding or computers, I just saw the aero board as something really cool to use in my drone with the r200 camera so if you could please explain ever step very simply, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

• 1. Re: BIOS set up
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello kal1022,

Thanks for reaching out!

What you should use to replace <capsule-file> in the line rpm -ivh <capsule-file> is the name of the Capsule/BIOS file. In this case the command should look like the following:

rpm -ivh capsule-01.00.11-r0.core2_64.rpm

This might be due to your flash device not having a vfat partition. If that is the case, you'll either have to repartition your flash drive or pass the file the Capsule/BIOS file through another mean like sftp.

I hope this information is of help.
          -Peter.

• 2. Re: BIOS set up
            kal1022

Thank you.

I just tried to follow your directions,

the usb disk mounted however when i put the command

rpm -ivh capsule-01.00.09-r0.core2_64.rpm ,

i get an error message saying no such file or directory. I am not to sure why this is. Would you have any idea?

• 3. Re: BIOS set up
              kal1022

Actually I just tried to enter this command instead,

rpm -ivh temp/capsule-01.00.09-r0.core2_64.rpm

and the command works, i get a message saying preparing.. capsule like it says on the get started guide, however i then get an error message saying, unpacking of achieve failed on file /boot/BIOSUPDATE.fv;58309db3: clio read failed - Bad file descriptor.

Any ideas whats happening?

• 4. Re: BIOS set up
                kal1022

It worked, all I had to do was reload the file on my usb. Now i am trying to to use the R200 camera accessory but when I run the command,

/usr/share/librealsense/examples/cpp-capture

I get an error message saying

RealSense error calling rs_create_contex(api_version:10904):

uvcvideo kernel module is not loaded,

is this talking about the kernel file on the intel download center, because I haven't seen anything to try and install that file on the wiki page.

• 5. Re: BIOS set up
                  Intel Corporation

Hi kal1022,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to update the BIOS!

Regarding the issue when trying to run RealSense's examples, I'm not sure what might be happening. Let me try to investigate about this and if I'm able to find something useful I will make sure to post it here.

-Peter.

• 6. Re: BIOS set up
                    Intel Corporation

Hi kal1022,

We need to ask you some information, please answer the following questions:

Could you please confirm that you are using the latest Aero image (01.00.03)?
                    What is the output of "ls /dev/video*"?
                    What is the output of "dmesg | grep uvc"?
                    What is the output of "cat /etc/version"?

We will be waiting for your response.
                    -Peter.

• 7. Re: BIOS set up
                      PureRockets

I'm getting the exact same error "uvcvideo kernel module is not loaded".

This is the aero board, vision kit, and enclosure

ls /dev/video* returns video0 through video10

cat /etc/version returns 20161029003159

after running modprobe uvcvideo

dmesg | grep uvc returns "112.197835 usbcore registered new interface driver uvcvideo

• 8. Re: BIOS set up
                        PureRockets

Also, after I run

modprobe uvcvideo

and run the example, I get

"No device detected. Is it plugged in?" (it is)

• 9. Re: BIOS set up
                          Intel Corporation

Hi PureRockets,

Thank you for letting me know. Could you please confirm that you are on the same conditions as kal1022? (Camera, BIOS version, etc.)

kal1022,

Do you have the same output as PureRockets?

Please let me know.
                          -Peter.

• 10. Re: BIOS set up
                            PureRockets

Yes, I just received this, and updated everything to the latest image and Bios without issue. I actually have 2 identical vision kits, and none of the cameras are recognized. I believe the R200 should show as video13. I only have video0 through video10. Even when I physically unplug the R200, I still only see video0 through video10.

• 11. Re: BIOS set up
                              Intel Corporation

I understand, please let me check what might be happening.

-Peter.

• 12. Re: BIOS set up
                                Intel_Jesus

Hey kal1022,

I just send you a private message.

Regards,
                                Jesus

• 13. Re: BIOS set up
                                  Intel_Jesus

Hi PureRockets, Kal1022,

Can you please confirm you have the latest BIOS installed? You can check the Bios version by doing the following:

1. Restart Board and press “Esc” when the boot splash image is displayed.
                                  2. Select “Setup Utility”
                                  3. What is the InsydeH20 Version?

The InsydeH20 Version should be Aero-0.1.00.11 which is the latest.

I can see that you guys get the following when running cat /etc/version, is that correct?

Also, it is not very clear to me how you are connecting the R200.

The Intel Aero Vision Accessory Kit includes an R200 that connects to the interface labeled (5) according to the Getting Started Document. Is this the setup that you have?

The output of the dmesg | grep uvc should be:

root@intel-aero:/# dmesg | grep uvc

[    7.664728] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.10 device Intel RealSense 3D Camera R200 (8086:0a80)

[    7.668099] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.10 device Intel RealSense 3D Camera R200 (8086:0a80)

[    7.670615] uvcvideo: Unable to create debugfs 2-8 directory.

[    7.673766] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.10 device Intel RealSense 3D Camera R200 (8086:0a80)

[    7.675863] uvcvideo: Unable to create debugfs 2-8 directory.

[    7.677551] usbcore: registered new interface driver uvcvideo

Regards,

Jesus

• 14. Re: BIOS set up
                                    PureRockets

Yes, I have Aero-0.1.00.11. I get no output from dmesg | grep uvc. When you do "ls /dev/video*" what do you see? I only get video0 through video10. I believe the R200 is supposed to show as video13?

I connected the R200 per the instructions as you mentioned (how could it be connected any way else :-). Keep in mind, the R200 cable can be inserted/connected either side up, unlike the other two camera cables. I have a feeling I connected it incorrectly (if it makes a difference), and fried this board. Indeed, the first time I powered it up, it smoked badly and I quickly unplugged it. It apparently no longer recognizes the R200 camera. If that is the case, this could be a fire hazard also.

1 2 Previous Next