5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 10:39 AM by Intel Corporation

Mouse cursor not visible on Intel Compute Stick

arrowop

I am having problems using the Intel Remote Keyboard app because if there is no physical mouse attached to the device, I cannot see the pointer on the screen. this is the only problem I have because I am able to pair the client with the device with no problems. In fact, I see that the mouse is moving because the focus changes on the different parts of the screen when I move the mouse with the client application. But I can only see the cursor when I have a physical mouse attached to the device, and this is rather annoying as the device is an Intel Compute Stick and it has only one USB port.

The Intel Compute Stick model is STCK1A32WFC with Windows 10 Home edition updated to the latest version (10.0.14393). The BIOS is also updated to the 0032 version and all drivers are up to date using the Intel driver update utility. The Intel Remote Keyboard Host app version is 1.11 and in my Android phone I am also using the latest version of the app.

In the device manager of Windows 10 I see that if no physical mouse is attached, there is no mouse pointers in the devices list. Only one appears when I attach the mouse. No error appears in the Event Log. Is there possibility to configure Windows 10 or the Intel Remote Keyboard app to show the cursor without having to use the only USB port for a physical mouse?

Thanks very much in advance.

• 1. Re: Mouse cursor not visible on Intel Compute Stick
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello :

According to the information we have, the mouse cursor should be visible, even if there is no physical mouse connected to the stick.

So, based on that information, I will try to replicate the issue in our lab and I will do some research in order to find out if there is a setting on the Intel® remote keyboard application to fix this problem.

As soon as I get the results, I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

• 2. Re: Mouse cursor not visible on Intel Compute Stick
            arrowop

Hello Alberto,

Many thanks for trying to help me in this issue. Just in case it can help, I forgot to mention in my first post that I use an account that does not have administrator privileges on my Intel Compute Stick. When I start installing or updating the Intel Remote Keyboard Host app, I launch the setup with the normal user account and when Windows asks for an administrator account, I type a set of credentials which does have administrator privileges. During the normal use of the application the user has no elevated rights.

Hope this helps.

Jose Antonio

• 3. Re: Mouse cursor not visible on Intel Compute Stick
              Intel Corporation

Hello :

Thank you very much for providing that information, it will be very helpful for us to further assist you.

I tried t replicate the issue, I used the same model of stick you have and as a regular user with no administrator privileges and the cursor for the mouse is always available.

I used my i-phone 6, launched the Intel® remote keyboard program, got connected to the stick, disconnect the mouse from the stick, and the mouse cursor stayed there, it never disappear.

So, the issue was not replicated in our lab, so that means it could be a problem with the stick itself.

Do you have the option to test the Intel® remote keyboard with a different compute stick?

If you do not have that option, then you can always try to replace it, it has one year of warranty.

If you are interested in the replacement, please get in contact directly with us through chat, email, phone or online support, you just need to select compute stick on product type and you will get those options:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@12

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

• 4. Re: Mouse cursor not visible on Intel Compute Stick
                arrowop

Hello Alberto,

I tried again uninstalling and installing the host application again in the stick and now it is working with no problem. When I pair the device with the phone, a new mouse pointer device is created and the cursor can be seen on the screen. It remains working well even after rebooting the device.

Now I can't find a way to reproduce the problem, so I think that it was a setup problem that can be fixed reinstalling the app.

Many thanks for your support.

Jose Antonio

• 5. Re: Mouse cursor not visible on Intel Compute Stick
                  Intel Corporation

Hello :

Excellent, perfect, it is great to hear that the stick and the remote keyboard feature are working properly.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto