Intel® Desktop Board D845GVSR
System Memory Features
The Desktop Board D845GVSR has two DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
- 2.5 V (only) 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
- Unbuffered single-sided or double-sided DIMMs
- Maximum total system memory: 2 GB; minimum total system memory: 64 MB
- DDR333/266/200 MHz SDRAM DIMMs only
- Serial Presence Detect (SPD)
- Suspend to RAM
My question is can I plug in one 1GB DDR400 in to one slot and one 256 MB DDR333 in to another. Appreciate your reply. I know that DDR400 needs 2.6V+/- 0.1V where as DDR333 needs 2.5V+/- 0.2V.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
If it is same brand model memory, it should work in theory; even though it is different, it may work or give you some unpredictable failure in the future.
When memory of different speeds is installed, memory speed and timings will be set to what ever the slowest memory can run at.
Installing slower memory will most likely cause a noticable decrease in performance. Some boards may not like the mixed modules and not even boot. In short, I would not install them.
All the best,