2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2016 12:36 PM by Intel Corporation

Setting the board

As2399

Ok so i have poster before about something similar but I would just like to post my steps and see where I went wrong.

These are following lines of code I have put into my terminal on a virtual machine I am running with ubuntu 14.04

• sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib build-essential chrpath socat libsdl1.2-dev xterm 
      • git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky
      • cd poky
      • git checkout krogoth
      • cd ~/poky
      • git checkout -b krogoth origin/krogoth
      • source oe-init-build-env
      • bitbake core-image-sato
      • runqemu qemux86
      • Then I closed the simulation
      • cd $HOME/poky
      • git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-intel
      • cd $HOME/poky/meta-intel
      • git checkout krogoth

cd $HOME/poky/build

$ bitbake-layers add-layer "$HOME/poky/meta-intel"

$ echo 'MACHINE = "intel-corei7-64"' >> conf/local.conf

• bitbake core-image-minimal
      • sudo $HOME/source/poky/scripts/contrib/mkefidisk.sh /dev/sda1 \
      • tmp/deploy/images/intel-corei7-64/core-image-minimal-intel-corei7-64.hddimg /dev/sdb1
      • Then after I get an error message saying /home/ayman/source/poky/scripts/contrib/mkefidisk.sh: command not found, and i did set the enviormten pathway as Peter asked, and i don't see source of mkefidisk.sh when i put the command cd $HOME then ls
      • So then i just started to follow the directions on the github page on how to write the image.
      • I downloaded the image and wrote it on a usb drive using windows.
      • I plugged in the usb drive and flashed the image on the intel aero
      • then i booted the image as the next steps asked me too.
      • i looged into the aero and then tried to update the bios but i done know what to replace the <capsule-file> in root@intel-aero:~# rpm -ivh <capsule-file> to update the bios.

So can someone tell me where I went wrong, I have been trying the get the aero board up and running for 3 weeks now and have had exteremem frustration in trying to do so. Please I need your help.