Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

hello, running 2 monitors on 2 gpus?

bbogd
Beginner

i have an intel i5 6400 cpu, a dedicated gpu and a 2 monitors setup. Can i run one monitor on the integrated gpu and the other on the dedicated one ? If so, how? I need this because one of the monitors only works on the dedicated gpu, but as the gpu is very weak I cannot play games on it, so i want to play games on the other monitor conected at the integrated gpu which is far better than the dedicated one, but at the same time i need the other monitor for other things. Thanks !

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello eraser,

In regard to your concern, I would like to confirm the model of your current motherboard. This is in order to confirm the graphic compatibility with it and additional details.

As soon as you reply I will provide further details to you.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Angie
0 Kudos
bbogd
Beginner

hi, my mb is asus b150m -k

when i power on the pc only one monitoractivates ( the other one as i told you does not work with the integrated graphic nore it activates when i connect it to the dedicated gpu the primary gpu being the integrated one), after all of this, when pc was powered on i plugged the second monitor to the mb also and it activated also, but not at the resolution that i want (it has 2560X 1600 max), the resolution is very very low. When i connect both of the monitors to the dedicated gpu all is fine, but i cannot play the games i desire

0 Kudos
bbogd
Beginner

yeah...i solved it...but.....no thanks to you ! ...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello eraser,

It is good to know that you were able to solve your issue.

The information requested before, it was with the intention to confirm if your computer has Hybrid Graphics*.

Hybrid Graphics: It is a technology that allows to one device can be able to use 2 graphics controllers at the same time; in order to provide a powerful performance.

This 2 graphics controllers can be count asThe Intel graphics and any additional graphic card or controller that it is installed directly to your equipment.

Do not hesitate to reply back if you have any further concern.

Best regards,

Angie

0 Kudos