3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2016 4:34 PM by Intel Corporation

hdmi switch

mrworm

I recently purchased a Sabrent ST-HDMI switch to use with my compute stick.  Model: STK1AW32SC.  I can use any device I want (seemingly) on this switch except for the compute stick.  I can plug the device directly into my monitor.  No issues.  However, it refuses to communicate through the switch.  I found an old post relating to this but could not locate any follow up information.  Thank you.

• 1. Re: hdmi switch
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello mrworm,

In regard to your concern, after an extensive research. With your Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC at the following link, you will be able to find the list of the tested peripherals:

Tested Peripherals for Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC and STK1A32SC

At that list, there is not a confirmation of Sabrent ST-HDMI. Although when I look at the manufacturer (OEM) website, mentions:

"Works with all HDTVs, Blu-ray players, Xbox 360, PS3, Apple TV (all versions) and other HDMI devices."

It does not specify if your Compute Stick it is supported. So then, at this moment my recommendation, it is to contact their technical support and confirm if they have tested Sabrent ST-HDMI with Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC, or if there a driver that you may need to install.

https://www.sabrent.com/support/

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
          Angie

• 2. Re: hdmi switch
            UbIx

Hi @mrworm,

I use the SpeaKa Professional 2 Port HDMI Switch bidirectional and it works fine. Only limitation is to switch during boot to the Compute Stick. In other case my via HDMI to DVI converter connected 19" Monitor don't accept the default resolution. But with an HD device it works without this limitation.

But anyway, switching from HDMI during a running session is a little bit critical, due to the back channel. If you have only a physical switch, you shouldn't switch during a running session between to sources or destinations - this can be worst case damage a device.

• 3. Re: hdmi switch
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello mrworm,

I would like to know if the information provided to you was able to solve your concern?

In case if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reply back.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
              Angie.