6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 9:49 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel HD Graphics Control Panel not recognizing multiple displays

kratos770

HP ZBook - Core i7-6700HQ

Thunderbolt 3

Windows 10 Enterprise

2 External Monitors: HP ZR24w

My Intel HD Graphics Control Panel does not recognize the multiple displays that I am using connected through the Thunderbolt 3 dock with HDMI cords.

While in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel > Multiple Displays, there is no option for multiple displays. There is only the option for Built-in Display. The other two external monitors are not recognized.  The two external monitors are recognized in the NVIDIA Control Panel and are recognized in the System Display Settings

I have included screenshots to better describe my issue

I have downloaded all the latest Display Adapters for my system (Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 and NVIDIA Quadro M1000M), but it still does not recognize my two external monitors. What is the fix for this?

• 1. Re: Intel HD Graphics Control Panel not recognizing multiple displays
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello kratos770,

In regard to your concern my recommendation, it is that you first make sure to install the latest graphic driver according to your laptop model, and the latest drivers for your monitor:

HP ZBook 17 Mobile Workstation

HP ZR24w 24-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor

If after the installation of those drivers you can try with the Intel Graphic driver:

Version: 15.45.10.4542 (Latest) Date: 11/9/2016

Also, if it is possible try to connect the monitors the monitors directly to your laptop and not to the dock.

Please let me know the results.

If the issue persists, please reply with the specific model of the dock that you are using?
          And if the monitors that you are connecting both are with HDMI connection?

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
          Angie

• 2. Re: Intel HD Graphics Control Panel not recognizing multiple displays
            kratos770

The issue is ongoing. Intel HD Graphics Control Panel does not recognize multiple displays.

I installed the latest drivers that you recommended  for my monitor (the HP ZBook 17 Mobile Workstation, and the HP ZR24w 24... drivers). I attempted to install the Intel Graphic driver, but it gave me this error:

I did not feel comfortable continuing with this installation since this is a work computer. I will ask my IT department if it is okay to install.

It is not possible to connect my monitors directly to my laptop. There are no HDMI ports on my laptop.

The model of the dock that I am using is: HP ZBook Dock with Thunderbolt 3 - Docking Station - 150 Watt - US P/N: P5Q58AA#ABA

Both monitors are connected via HDMI.

The main reason that I have been asking the Intel Graphics Control Panel and my extended monitors is because my screens are blurry. All my monitors (my built-in laptop monitor, and my two extended HP ZR24w monitors) have to be set to the same zoom in the System -> Display -> Customize Your Display window. The issue is that my laptop monitor zoom recommended setting is 125% and the HP ZR24w monitor recommended zoom setting is 100%. When I set my laptop zoom setting to 100% and the extended monitors to 100%, all monitors are clear, but the text on the laptop screen is too small. When I set the laptop monitor zoom to 125% and extended monitors to 100%, the laptop monitor is blurry and the extended monitors are clear. When I set the laptop monitor zoom to 125% and the extended monitor zoom to 125%, all monitors are clear, but the extend monitor application and text sizing is too large.

The optimal setting for all monitors for me would be laptop monitor at the recommended zoom of 125% and the extended monitors at the recommended zoom of 100%. Is there a way for all my monitors to be clear but at different zoom sizes?

• 3. Re: Intel HD Graphics Control Panel not recognizing multiple displays
              Intel Corporation

Hello kratos770,

Thanks for your reply.

The message you have indicated means that your computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic graphics drivers. It will only accept customized drivers. 

You could try to bypass this issue by installing the driver manually.

Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

The other options that you have will be:

-Contact the manufacturer (OEM), in your case HP at HP Support Contact

-Or as you have mentioned you can confirm with your IT department.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
              Angie

• 4. Re: Intel HD Graphics Control Panel not recognizing multiple displays
                kratos770

I went ahead and manually installed the Intel Graphics Driver.

Intel Graphics Control Panel is still not recognizing my external monitors.

Is there a solution for my comment below? Or should I start another thread/post for an answer?

"The main reason that I have been asking the Intel Graphics Control Panel and my extended monitors is because my screens are blurry. All my monitors (my built-in laptop monitor, and my two extended HP ZR24w monitors) have to be set to the same zoom in the System -> Display -> Customize Your Display window. The issue is that my laptop monitor zoom recommended setting is 125% and the HP ZR24w monitor recommended zoom setting is 100%. When I set my laptop zoom setting to 100% and the extended monitors to 100%, all monitors are clear, but the text on the laptop screen is too small. When I set the laptop monitor zoom to 125% and extended monitors to 100%, the laptop monitor is blurry and the extended monitors are clear. When I set the laptop monitor zoom to 125% and the extended monitor zoom to 125%, all monitors are clear, but the extend monitor application and text sizing is too large.

The optimal setting for all monitors for me would be laptop monitor at the recommended zoom of 125% and the extended monitors at the recommended zoom of 100%. Is there a way for all my monitors to be clear but at different zoom sizes?"

Thanks,

• 5. Re: Intel HD Graphics Control Panel not recognizing multiple displays
                  Intel Corporation

Hello kratos770,

I do apologize for the delay on my reply.

In order to assist you, could you please provide with the graphics report. At the following link, you will be able to complete the steps required:

Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
                  Angie

• 6. Re: Intel HD Graphics Control Panel not recognizing multiple displays
                    Intel Corporation

Hello kratos770,

Could you please provide with the graphics report. At the following link, you will be able to complete the steps required:

Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Best regards,
                    Angie