Dear All,

Working with:

- Galileo 2

- Yocto morty

Have added the following lines to my local.conf:

MACHINE = "intel-quark"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append "ntp ntimed tcpdump traceroute arptables openssh"

Examining notes at:

https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/morty/layer/openembedded-core/

We see that openssh is included in this layer, and the notes specifically state that the sshd server is included.  However, when added as detailed above, I get the ssh client, but not the server.

Is this a bug?

• 1. Re: Cant Add OpenSSH Server to Yocto morty BSP for Galileo 2
          iic1tls

RESOLUTION

OK - doing more digging:

When starting bitbake, I was generating the image "core-image-sato" as per the example from the README file provided in meta-intel.

Per the Yocto Mega Manual, section 5.2.2, the correct image should be "core-image-full-cmdline", since:

- Galileo does not have video output, and is therefore a Command Line Interface (CLI) bound device via serial/sshd/telnet.

- the image "core-image-full-cmdline" includes the sshd daemon by default.

Therefore, using the correct image resolves the problem without modifications.

After generating the new image, the sshd binary is found at: /usr/sbin/sshd

THANK YOU for looking into this issue.  A document detailing my trials and experiences will be posted here in the forums soon.

FOLLOWUP: Could someone please update the meta-intel/README file and replace the core-image-sato reference with core-image-full-cmdline ?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Cant Add OpenSSH Server to Yocto morty BSP for Galileo 2
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello iic1tls,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find the reason of this behavior. Thank you for providing us feedback, I will make sure to pass this information to the appropriate team.

-Peter.