Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Landmark points for R200

ROenn
Beginner

I have played around with the SR300 3d reconstruction and saw the SDK also supports exporting face landmarks to a JSON file. When I tried this with the R200 that is integrated into my HP Spectre it says the reconstruction landmark detection is not available with the scanner. I am trying to build an application that would really benefit from the landmark detection, but unfortunately I am tied to using the R200 on the tablet. Is there any way to get this functionality on the R200?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi ryein.ohning,

Thanks for your interest in the Realsense Platform.

I'm sorry to hear that your R200 camera integrated in your HP Spectre is not working. Before suggesting you any possible solution, I have a couple of questions:

1) Are you using the SDK in the HP Spectre to run the scanner? If you are which example are you using?

2) Which example did you use in the SR300 for 3D reconstruction?

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
ROenn
Beginner

the r200 is working correctly. we are currently using the c# 3d scan example program provided in the SDK. Within the SDK Reconstruction config parameters there is an option to have landmarks detected. This works when using the SR300 but the option is not available when using the R200. to be clear, both our SR300 and R200 scanners work correctly and i was just curious about getting the landmark functionality out of the R200

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ryein.ohning,

I'm glad to hear that your cameras are working well. Now regarding your question of the Landmark functionality in the 3D scan example, this feature is only available for the SR300 and FR200. Please refer to this link (https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_scan_scanning_options.html https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_scan_scanning_options.html) for more information. I hope you find this information useful.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ryein.ohning,

Do you have any more questions regarding the landmark functionality in the R200? Please let us know in order to assist you.

We hope you have a weekend!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos