3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2010 4:18 PM by T.C.

D915GAG will not come up.

Are the D915GAG that picky on memory, Putting togethert a D915 w/ a P4 630, using Kingston KVR400/1G and I get nothing. Now power to fans nothing. The standby power led is on but nothing happens. Memeory or do I have a bad board. The company that sold me the board says it is memory. Just never ran into this before, was always able to get something to power up.

• 1. Re: D915GAG will not come up.
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

It is best to try the steps below.

Try to do a CMOS clear of the board.
          Put the bios jumper to the maintenance mode.

Boot the system with minimum configuration (the rest disconnected)
          PSU + Motherboard + CPU + 1 Memory Module only.
          Result:
          Put back the jumper to default position when done.

If it is not booting, remove the memory to check if the board issues any beeps
          Result:

Then last thing to do is to recover the bios using the Recovery Method
          http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-022312.htm

If you have any other CPU, test it.

Kind Regards,
          Aryan.

• 2. Re: D915GAG will not come up.
            Curious592

The only RAM memory problem I have had was either due to incomplete seating of the 20+4 power MOBO power plug (or power supply plug to the computer) or an older graphics card which may have had slow memory.

• 3. Re: D915GAG will not come up.
              T.C.

I had a 915GAG that did that right after the warranty went out.  It started shutting down randomly. Ran Memtest (freeware can download it off the internet) on it and found 1 bad module. Tossed that and the issues kept happening.  Eventually it just stopped booting all together.  I pulled the CPU and used it in an ASUS P5KPL-CM board (since Intel didn't have a current board at the time for the CPU).  That was last March and so far the computer is running well.

Good luck.