Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Firmware update error with SR300

GGlen3
Novice

Hello,

I get a firmware update error when i try to install the driver for SR300. More specific have I done the following:

1) Downloaded the driver file "intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718" suggested on https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download.

2) Connected the camera to a usb 3 port on my computer.

3) Run the intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe file and accept all promts (including the suggested firmware update)

4) The drive installation starts and then fails after ~2min. See the error message and corresponding error log in install_error.jpg and error_log.zip.

The result when I look for the camera in the device manager is attached in dv_manager.jpg. dv_manager.jpg also shows the resulting error if I try the suggested driver update from the device manager, and search for an online solution.

When I install the RealSense SDK and run "camera explorer" I get "- not connected".(no surprise) I have also saved the output from "SDK Information" in SDK_information.txt, if this can be usefull in any way.

Do you have any suggestion?

10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Glenn_N,

Thanks for your interest in the RealSense Platform.

I appreciate all the information provided regarding your issue. Now I have a couple of questions:

1) Is this the first time you are using this camera?

2) Have try connecting your camera to a different USB slot?

3) Are you using the cable that comes with the SR300? If not which kind of cable are you using?

Also could you please update your computer drivers, sometimes the issue is solved by doing this. Finally could you provide me your system information file, to generate it please press on your keyboard WinLogo + r, then enter msinfo32, then click on File >> Export. It might take a few minutes.

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
GGlen3
Novice

Dear Jose,

Thank you for looking into my issue.

1) Yes, this is the first time i used the camera (straight for a packet with unbroken seal). However, the error log you received was from the second or third attempt.

I have attached the error log from the first attempt below.

2) I have tested 6 of the usb pots in my computer and docking station, including the ones marked with a power symbol in addition to the SS USB mark.

3) Yes I an using the cable from the SR300 packet.

Both the windows update and lenovo drivers should be up to date. I have attached a list of the install windows updates in windows_update_info. The result from msinfo32 can be found in msinfo32_export.

In also tested the driver/firmware installation on another PC, see error_log_second_computer for the corresponding error log.

Kind regards,

Glenn Nielsen

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Glenn_N,

Let me do some investigation regarding your issue. I will get back to you as soon as I have some useful information.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Glenn_N,

I appreciate your patience. Seems like you have a faulty camera, please return the camera to your point of purchase for an exchange or refund. If you bought it from click.intel.com, then you must email mailto:click.support@intel.com click.support@intel.com with the proof of purchase. I hope you find this information useful.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
GGlen3
Novice

Dear Jose,

I have another update for you. After your last message I initiated a RMA request as suggested. I then purchased two additional SR300 cameras which I received today. However, the problem described with the first camera seems still to be present. I will try to describe my findings with the two cameras below.

Camera 1.

1) I connected the camera to my usb 3 port and the installer shown in after_usb_pluing.png started.

2) After this installer ended the camera work perfectly for a while. Then means that the "Camera explorer" and "Camera viewer (c++)" ran perfectly, nice!

3) I moved the camera to another position where my optical test setup was located, which meant unplugging and placing the computer on standby. When in started the computer again and connected the camera the "camera explorer" application stopped working after about 5 sec, then froze with the error message in failure_after_second_connect.png.

4) After several attempts with the same result did i try to update to the latest driver, by installting intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe. This resulted in the same error as i describe in my first post. (see log_first_update_try.zip and error_on_first_update.png below) After this could the camera not be contacted at all by either "Camera explorer" or "Camera viewer (c++)".

5) I assume that the drive update have resulted in a firmware damage. Does this mean that I should initiate a RMA with this camera also or can it be reset?

Camera 2.

It is clear that updating the driver not was beneficial. Therefore I will not try to update this camera, until we know more about the origin of the error.

1) After connecting the second camera windows again initiated "after_usb_pluing.png".

2) When this was finished is the camera recognized by the "Camera explorer". But running the camera explorer results in error_with_third_camera.png. And "Camera viewer (c++)" exists after a short while without showing any camera output. "Raw Streams (c++)" shows the rgb images but not the ir or depth images.

3) The same behavior was usually observed when moving the camera of the other usb ports on my computer. One time however was it possible for the camera viewer to connect and give both color and depth images. But after restarting the camera viewer 2 times, to test the stability, the camera return to the behavior described in 2). I have not been able to reproduce this more than twice, despite MANY attempts.

4) The result from device manager can be seen in dv_manager.png and from "SDK information" in sdk_info.TXT.

5) I will test camera 2 on another compatible computer tomorrow.

The few minutes I had with a working SR300 showed very excellent both rgb and depth images which would be perfect for my application. I therefore ask if you have any additional thoughts on how to solve the problem there seem to be with the camera in relation to my setup? Let me know if you need additional information.

Kind regards,

Glenn Nielsen

PS. If you think a more direct form of communication would be benifitial to solve this problem let me know.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Glenn Nielsen,

I'm sorry to hear that your new cameras are not working, we apologize for this. Please let me know your results when you connect your camera to another computer, in the meantime can you try updating your drivers, please follow this link: ().

If you will like to start another way of communication we offer the alternative of contacting us by email, follow this link () in order to contact us.

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
GGlen3
Novice

Dear Jose,

Updating the driver according to you link 1) had no effect.

I have tested the second camera on another PC where it worked without any apparent problems (the "Camera viewer (c++)" worked), without installation of intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe.

Since the issue seems to be related to my specific PC configuration I have ordered a new PC to used with the SR300. Hopefully this will solve my problem. (The computer i based on a 7th generation intel processor and have several usb 3 ports, which seems to be the primary requirement of the SR300?)

Would you suggest that I start a RMA for camera 1. which most likely have had its firmware destroyed by the driver installer?

Kind regards,

Glenn Nielsen

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Glenn Nielsen,

Could you not install manually the DCM. Instead, plug in the camera to a powered USB 3.0 port and wait several minutes while monitoring Device Manager, until Windows Update starts and installs the drivers. If this doesn't work can you reinstall the chipset drivers (which should include USB drivers).

Also we will like to try a little experiment. Could you use the sdk_info.exe to record the logs using an SDK sample? In order to do it after you install the SDK, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSSDK\bin\x64\", run SDK_Info.exe as an Administrator, navigate to the Logging Tab and Click "Enable All Logs" button. Reproduce the issue by running the app that is causing the failure (make sure not to close sdk_info, it can be minimized, closing sdk_info will stop the logging). After the failure has occurred return to SDK_Info and click "Copy all Logs" button (in sdk_info logging tab), zip the created directory and attach it to your next reply.

Best Regards,

-Jose.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Glenn Nielsen,

Were you able to record the logs using the SDK sample? Please let me know in order to assist you.

Hope you have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos