Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Weird issue with Halo 2 PC

idata
Employee

I have a issue with the game.I get frame-drops on a few maps.But the idea is if i run the game windowed mode,the game runs perfectly on those maps that i am talking about. (warlock,district).

My laptop has a i3 5005u and intel HD 5500 graphics with all the drivers up-to date.

Acer TravelMate P236-M with 8 GB DDR3 and Windows 10 Anniversary 64bits.

This might be just a driver issue.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
29 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello NukeULater,

Could you please let me know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information.

Let's try updating that version to the latest, please try with the Beta driver version; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40], use this method to ensure the installation; http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Let me know it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same issue 😕 The game works perfectly in windowed mode,but when i switch to full screen,the game is getting drop frames (only on these maps: District,Warlock ,Gemini,Turf).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What's the number of frames per second you see in windowed mode and in full screen?

How are you getting this numbers? Are you using a third-party tool?

What are the settings that you are using for the game? High, low or recommended?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Windowed:60 FPS (locked).

Fullscreen; 25-40 FPS.

Using FRAPS to get the framerates.

On the certain maps.

Settings:

1280x720 Medium Settings No AA

I am not using any 3rd party tools (only Project Cartographer for playing multiplayer, but also tested with GFWl and got the same result).

The framerate between fullscreen and windowed is pretty high.Sometimes it gets below 20 FPS,which is not good for a first person shooter.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

By any chance, have you played the game in a different operating system? Maybe in a different computer.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yea,my friend has a Core 2 Duo with a NVIDIA GeForce 230 and Windows 7.

The game works perfectly on his PC, at a higher resolution and everything set on high,even AA x4.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information.

I tried installing the game in http://ark.intel.com/products/89187/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC6i7KYK Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK Specifications with Windows® 10, but it won't install, it does not seem to be compatible with this operating system.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I installed Windows 7 SP1 and tried to run the game.Same issues,like on Windows 10.Still dropping frames.Also,the game should work fine on Windows 10,because I asked yesterday one of my friends that uses Windows 10,and he told me the game works just fine.

But he has a NVIDIA graphics card.So i am assuming this is a driver issue.

But its strange,because,like i said,the game works fine in windowed mode.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank for that information.

Please let me double check your case, I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for support.

I updated to Windows 8.1 to test this OS.

But no luck at all.Same issues like on Windows 10 and 7.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I will try with a fresh installation of Windows 7, and share my results.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In order to play Halo 2,you need DirectX June 2010 End-Users Runtime.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I am still investigating this matter, I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/108272 NukeULater,

I have got some updates; I was able to install Windows 7 in a http://ark.intel.com/products/87570/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i7RYH Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH Specifications, then installed Halo 2; however, I was able to play the game with really good FPS. In full screen the game behave as expected, then when I switched to windowed the outcome was pretty much the same. See my screenshots below, as you can see FPS are around 140 to 273.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

As I said i have issues with these multiplayer maps: Warlock,District,Turf and a few more.

Also, that is the singleplayer.I can run the singleplayer just fine.

Please try running those multiplayer maps.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Let me try that.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So, do you get the same issues like me?

0 Kudos