5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2016 11:42 AM by Intel Corporation

Is there a way to tell if the wireless AC adapter in a NCU5i7RYH is dead?

icdfreelance

Is there a way to tell if the wireless AC adapter in a NCU5i7RYH is dead?

• 1. Re: Is there a way to tell if the wireless AC adapter in a NCU5i7RYH is dead?
          N.Scott.Pearson

Can you install it's drivers (WiFi and Bluetooth)?

Does either drivers' icon appear in Device Manager with a yellow bang (character '!') on it?

If you click on the network icon in the system tray, do you see any entries in the available router list?

...S

• 2. Re: Is there a way to tell if the wireless AC adapter in a NCU5i7RYH is dead?
            icdfreelance

Appreciate the response.  Using Device Manager under Network Adapters there is no Network adapter given though do have Bluetooth Device listed.  Have installed all drivers, reinstalled all drivers that I can find related to this process without success.  To remove my Ethernet cable connected an old 2.0 USB Rosewill adapter which works fine it provides the same speed as the Ethernet connection.  The Rosewill adapter does appear in the list adapters.

The next question on the network icon.  There is an "!" displayed on Network Controller under Other Devices but it is not listed in the network adapters.    When I click the Network Controller under I get the message "drivers for this device are not installed."  When I click update drivers it cannot locate anything on my system or network.  I have used the Intel Network Driver Update Utility to locate drivers and installed what it provided.  Same null result.

Other than Network Controller see nothing listed related to Network except the Rosewill and thankful for that.  If there is a driver for Network Controller would appreciate a link as so far have found nothing that resolves the problem.  Again, thank you for your suggestions.

• 3. Re: Is there a way to tell if the wireless AC adapter in a NCU5i7RYH is dead?
              N.Scott.Pearson

The Intel Driver Update Utility is buggy and almost completely useless (IMHO). Here is a link to the downloads page for your NUC: Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH. I suggest that you download and manually install all necessary driver packages. First, click on the blue box where it says "Any Download Type" and select "Drivers". Next, click on the blue box where it says "Any Operating System" and select your particular version. This will result in a list being displayed that includes only those packages that truly apply. Download all that are marked Latest and install them.

In the case of the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers, I suggest that you uninstall what you currently have installed, reboot your computer and then install the latest versions.

Just a side note: If you are running Windows 10 and recently upgraded to and beyond the Anniversary Update, bugs in the MS update process have been found to corrupt some packages (necessary files get deleted). This is one of the primary reasons for why I recommend that you reinstall all driver packages...

Hope this helps,

...S

• 4. Re: Is there a way to tell if the wireless AC adapter in a NCU5i7RYH is dead?
                icdfreelance

Thank you.  I did as instructed and now have the AC wireless available and connected to the network.  That was the last problem I encountered exploring the NCU and look forward to the sata drive.

• 5. Re: Is there a way to tell if the wireless AC adapter in a NCU5i7RYH is dead?
                  Intel Corporation
                  This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

icdfreelance, I apologize for any inconvenience.

I am glad to hear you got his under control, and if there is something I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.