1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2016 12:00 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

New NUC5i7RYH assembled, operating system Win 8.1 Pro installed, Ethernet connected.  Cannot get wireless up.  Network adapters does not show wireless.  Network controller is displayed as not installed.  Bios upgrades, chipset upgraded plus what I could f

icdfreelance

New NUC5i7RYH assembled, operating system Win 8.1 Pro installed, Ethernet connected.  Cannot get wireless up.  Network adapters does not show wireless.  Network controller is displayed as not installed.  Bios upgrades, chipset upgraded plus what I could find in wireless.  Still dead.  Any help appreciated.

Update:  After exhausting all efforts to wake up the NUC network adapter without success I plugged in a very old Rosewill USB 2.0 adapter into a waiting USB port and it worked flawlessly.  The speed equals the Ethernet cable speed and has not indications of failing, connection is solid and stable.  So this very old adapter works on a USB port well enough the cable is removed with only drawback is I have to support a cable and external antenna.  So if anyone knows if there is a switch inside the NUC that might enable the AC adapter please let me know.  If there is a way to test for a bad adapter please let me know.  I ran the Intel system check and it found the Ethernet adapter, and reflected a Network adapter but when clicked on it nothing existed.    Appreciate any help.

Message was edited by: Harold Simmons