2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 9:36 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i5SYK - issues with bios 0054

Undad

Hi,

today I updated the bios from 0033 to 0054 via F7-usb-bootstick-method. All seemed ok. I'm using linux. Now the bluetooth firmware refuses to load. 2nd issue: I can't boot via usb-stick-drive anymore. It is not recognized via F2 or F10 during start-up. Once the OS is up (linux on a nvme-disk, uefi) the stick works. It is the same drive that contained the bios file.

Rüdiger

• 1. Re: NUC6i5SYK - issues with bios 0054
          N.Scott.Pearson

You may have jumped too many BIOS updates at once. I would recommend that you do two things (in this order), (1) reinstall the latest BIOS release using the Recovery Method (documented here: BIOS Recovery Update Instructions for Intel® NUC) and (2) Clear CMOS (documented here: Clearing CMOS on Intel® NUC).

Hope this helps,

...S

• 2. Re: NUC6i5SYK - issues with bios 0054
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello:

Thank you very much to N. Scott Pearson for the information posted previously.

To Undad:

Please try the steps provided above in order to fix the problem, sometimes this problem happens as it was mentioned above when you jump from an older BIOS version all the way to the latest one, what we recommend is to install at least a few versions in the middle.

In regard to Linux support, I just wanted to let you know that Intel does not test and validate Intel® NUC on Linux; however we know that a lot of NUC owners are using it successfully on many different Linux distros.
            So, at this point the best thing to do will be to access your Linux distro's website and forums for peer assistance with this issue at:

http://ubuntuforums.org/

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto