idata
Employee

Specs: CPU i5-4690k

GPU: GTX 960 4gb

Motherboard: ASROCK H97mPro 4

RAM: 12 gb

PSU: 650 Watt

CommunityAdmin

Ok so lately I have been having alot of issues regarding stuttering and lag in game. So I went to task manager and the MSI Afterburner app and noticed that all 4 cores are at 100%usage. So I immediately suspected maleware, so I ran 3 different sources of anti virus ( Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, Avast), but nothing showed up on the scan. This also occurs when I have the bare minimum services and processes active, it jumps to about 90-100% usage. My temps are fine and never reach above 40 Cs. I cant seem to find what the issue is. I am covered until 2019 for CPU warranty. Will intel replace it with a new one? Or can you guys help me fix the issue

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JZack
Beginner

I think it has nothing to do with CPU, it's probably prefetch service from windows, you might try to disable some default windows services

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

How would one understand which windows services you can disable and which ones you can't? Is there a universal list that shows which processes you can disable?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello T@rrzan2016,

I would like to know if you will be able to confirm the information:

The lag issue, you are seeing it with any specific games? or you are seeing it every moment?

Could you please provide me an image of the results that you can see after the test that you are running?

Also, I would like to know if you are overclocking your system?

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello T@rrzan2016,

In regard to your concern, I would like to know some information:

The lag issue, you are seeing it with any specific games? or you are seeing it every moment?

Could you please provide me an image of the results that you can see after the test that you are running?

Also, I would like to know if you are overclocking your system?

Regards,

Angie.
0 Kudos