Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Skyrim Special Edition Texture Glitch. How to Fix?

hres
Beginner

Playing the new The Elder Scrolls V:Skyrim Special Edition results in a texture glitch that occurs on NPCs,Foliage and the player it appears as grey patches flickering very quickly on the textures.

There are no mods running on the images i have shown and I am running Windows 10 Pro on a intel i3 6100 using the IGPU (HD530)

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ArcaneHex,

I have sent a private message to you,

Best regards,

Angie.

0 Kudos
IBunj
Beginner

Run across this post and made an account, is there any solution to flickering textures in the private message if so can I get one as well ?

0 Kudos
PradeepNar_R_Intel

This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hi bunja,

I would like to confirm to you that we already fixed this issue in our driver. Please stay tuned and we will provide an update when we release the driver.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
LHops
Beginner

Hello I have the exact same issue. I have seen a few posts about this. It's highly irritating with the flickering and makes the game unplayable at times. I tried disabling the driver and runing nvidia but the intel programs seem to be causing conflict issues.(no audio, fps problems, error messages, default driver requirements)

I have seen in this post and others that an update is coming. I got an update today, not sure if intel fixed this problem in that update but it's still having the same problem. Is there any time frame for the update? Do I have to unistall the intel driver and download it again? I tried that yesterday. I know there is testing that has to be done and a host of other things. Seems to be a common problem but no central place to get any answer. Thank you for your time.

Louis

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

We just published a new Beta driver that should address most graphics corruption in Fallout 4* and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition*.

Please review all the information on this Beta before doing the installation:

We appreciate all the feedback you can provide us on this Beta.

Kindest Regards,

0 Kudos
hres
Beginner

The new Beta driver seems to be working perfectly fine with me all the texture glitches found in the screenshot have been rectified, characters,trees and other assorted meshes have all been rid of the grey patches.

The ONLY problem i have found in the latest BETA patch is a delayed startup into Skyrim:SE.

Since I have installed the patch, when I open Skyrim:SE it opens up with a black screen and plays the opening soundtrack for around 2 seconds then stops with a seemingly "frozen" game.After waited 15 seconds the Bethesda logo pops up and the soundtrack continues.

I have reinstalled Skyrim:SE multiple times and have gone through the same testing done that i went through with the Texture glitch but the problem still persists.

I thought it could have been my HDD but when i installed Skyrim:SE onto my separate SSD the problem still remains"the startup is quicker though" but the bug still goes through its process.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello ArcaneHex,

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to bother you, but could you please attach a copy of the graphics report, DxDiag.txt and DispDiag? This should help us identify if there is something in particular from your Hardware configuration that could be triggering this behavior.

Information on how to get these reports here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000022557.html Extract Useful Information for Troubleshooting Issues with Intel®...

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000022556.html How to Extract Information from the DirectX* Diagnostic Tool

Is anyone else experiencing this delay at startup?

Regards,

0 Kudos
PradeepNar_R_Intel

This message was posted by Intel Corporation on behalf of

Hello ArcaneHex

I would like to let you know that we have reproduced this issue in our test lab.

We are currently working on a fix (internal bug ID 1804675760)

As soon as we have more details we'll update this thread.

Kindest Regards,

0 Kudos
hres
Beginner

Ahh good I thought I was the only one with the glitch/bug, after this is fixed I don't have any other bugs to report.

0 Kudos
ASuau
Beginner

I just bought a new ASUS laptop, IC i7 - 7500U, 8GBRAM with Windows 10 as OS and I'm having this glitches issue too.

I tried to download the drivers you published a while ago, that should address the problem but I can't figure a way to install them, when I try to do it with the .exe, an error message appears, and when I try to do it with the compressed file, windows says me that the drivers are up to date.

Can I get some help please? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos