3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 5:27 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i7KYK no video

majinnaibu

Hi, I just got the Skull Canyon NUC. I've got a couple other NUCs and similar tiny PCs but this one seems DOA.  I've tried two different 16gb ram chips with and without an SSD and I can't get any video output from either HDMI or Display Port.  The light an fans come on when I power the device on.  I get no signal on any connected device then after about a minute the NUC reboots.  The RAM I'm using was reported working in other Skull Canyon NUCs.

Is there anything I might be missing setup wise?

• 1. Re: NUC6i7KYK no video
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Are you getting any beep without memory? 
          Does the NUC access the BIOS screen?
          Have you tried BIOS recovery method?
          Instructions

Bio file 0042

Allan. 

• 2. Re: NUC6i7KYK no video
            majinnaibu

No beep and no video output of any kind. With or without RAM.  Without RAM the power LED flashes 3 times then waits a bit then flashes 3 times again.  With RAM it's on constantly until it and the fan go off.

I tried recovery instructions, but I'm getting no video output so I can't do anything at that menu.  It does stop rebooting itself when I start it that way.

When I start it normally the LED and fan come on then go off and come back on after a little bit.  When I hold the power button down to turn it on the led and fan come on after about 3 seconds and stay on.  I have 2 monitors connected one via HDMI and the other via Display port.  I've tried other HDMI displays as well with no luck.

Edit: I just thought to go back and plug headphones in and with RAM no beeping, but without it I get 3 beeps as the LED flashes then a pause then three more beeps/flashes and that repeats.

• 3. Re: NUC6i7KYK no video
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you for the information. That's unfortunate.  I would recommend contacting Intel customer support for warranty service. 

Allan.