Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Video graphic accidentally disabled, boots up but can only see a black screen. Bios video configuration is set for ext PCIe. Selection Provided: Auto, Int Graphics(IDG),Ext PCIE (Peg), and Ext PCI Graphics. Is select auto or intel graphic good idea

RRobe18
Beginner

I need to know how to obtain video. bio gives 4 selections, one of which is the one disabled. 907 345-2098 rtkean

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello rtkean,

If you have an external GPU connected to the PCIe slot, then it is required to connect the video cable (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA or DVI) to the back of the external GPU.

In case you don't have an external GPU, you can plug the video cable directly to the motherboard, if this is the case, you can select "Auto" or "Int Graphics (IDG)" which should provide vide to you.

Is the case still present after following above instructions? Then please try to use different video ports and cables (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA or DVI) this is in order to find out what could be triggering the issue (Cables or ports).

Additionally, please provide me with the model of your motherboard/Processor or brand and system model.

Hope I can hear from you.

Regards,

Esteban C

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello rtkean,

If you have an external GPU connected to the PCIe slot, then it is required to connect the video cable (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA or DVI) to the back of the external GPU.

In case you don't have an external GPU, you can plug the video cable directly to the motherboard, if this is the case, you can select "Auto" or "Int Graphics (IDG)" which should provide vide to you.

Is the case still present after following above instructions? Then please try to use different video ports and cables (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA or DVI) this is in order to find out what could be triggering the issue (Cables or ports).

Additionally, please provide me with the model of your motherboard/Processor or brand and system model.

Hope I can hear from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
idata
Employee

Hello rtkean,

This is to follow up on your case, do you still require support for the inquiry you had?

Please let me know

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rtkean,

Just wanted to double check if you still require support for your inquiry.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos