1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 3:44 AM by slyronit

How to trigger Intel ReadyMode?

slyronit

I would like to leverage Intel ReadyMode for my NUC, I have downloaded and installed the application on my Windows 10 box, I can't figure out how to trigger it.

I have it enabled in the app, is that it? Is there any indication that the PC has reached the lower power stage of ReadyMode?

I tried in ernest to look for documentation on this, but all I found was Marketing material.

• 1. Re: How to trigger Intel ReadyMode?
          slyronit

I did some trial and error and understand this now.

ReadyMode replaces the Sleep mode. Whenever you ask Windows to put your PC to sleep (either by a timer or manually), the system will instead go to ReadyMode.

There's a setting in BIOS to change the power/blinking behavior of the power button in ReadyMode, so that you can easily know whether the PC is awake, in ReadyMode or Sleep.

1. SMB file sharing works. I can access files via SMB mapped drives from other PCs while my NUC is in ReadyMode

2. Deluge Daemon works

3. Using teamviewer, as soon as I connect, the NUC comes out of ReadyMode.

So far I like what I am seeing, I just don't understand how everything (including un-supported programs) work in Ready-mode.