1 of 1 people found this helpful
I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this board.
Here you have some troubleshooting that could be performed:
1. If possible, test the system with other connections (cables between mobo and DVD unit)
2. Test the system with other SATA ports
3. Are you getting any lights on the DVD unit?
4. Do you have another DVD unit to test?
5. What about another PC to test the DVD in question?
6. What is the BIOS version installed on your system? This can be found in the BIOS
7. Is this working while you are on Windows 7*?
Please let me know.
Thank you for your input it resolved the problem. I tried four different drives before one was recognized by the bios. Odly enough the drives that were not recognized are all major name brands. The one that finally worked was a generic drive with no manufacturer name. I tested all the drives on another machine and they worked fine. You asked for the bios ID so it's listed below. Maybe you can answer why this bios won't find the other drives.
Bios ID GAZ7711H.86A.0039.2012.0426.1522
Thank you for the answer, peer.
There is one thing we can do, which is update the BIOS, the version you have is 0039, as per our download center this is the oldest available to be downloaded. So it would be good to update it.
Please be aware a BIOS updates are tricky and could affect the system, the best update method would be the following.
1. Download the following BIOS version released, 0045 goes after 0039
2. Follow the BIOS recovery method here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html
3. Check if the problem was fixed.
4. Perform a recovery to the following BIOS version, please check the note.
Here you can find downloads for your board: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/63247/Intel-Desktop-Board-DZ77RE-75K
To find all BIOS versions, please select "BIOS" where it says "Any Download Type (60)
NOTE: It is not recommended to update the BIOS to the latest version right away. It is recommended to update it from the current to the next released (i.e,. you have 0039 installed, then you can recover to 0045, then 0049 if required)