Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

INTEL HD 530 multi monitor issue

idata
Employee

I've been having these problems for quite some time now. It has gotten worse since I've turned on Sleep/Hybernate.

Currently on 21.20.16.4534 and have checked for newer via update drivers to no avail.

I'm using an i5 6600K with MSI B150M Mortar Arctic motherboard. My main computer display is connected via DVI to HDMI adapter and then my 65" 4k Samsung and receiver are connected via Redmere HDMI cable to my living room. If the computer is set for always on but the monitors are set to power off after no use. The living room tv wont display unless the hdmi cable is unhooked then reconnected or the pc is restarted.

Now since I've turned on sleep/hybernate. The computer will wake and so will my main computer display (via dvi) but the single in the living room doesn't complete to my receiver (which connects to my 65") It just shows a blue screen. I have to disconnect the hdmi cable to my 65" and reconnect it or reboot the computer to get it to display again.

This has been going on since I built the computer months ago. It was previously going on with an I7 3770K and Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard with the connections the same way. It appears with a search that this is a widespread issue across many devices (pc's and laptops) and seems to be linked to WIN 10.

I would think a company like Intel could sort these problems out.

I'm about to bypass the onboard video and pick up a dedicated gpu to stop these problems from happening it's getting so frustrating. This was built as a media center pc/daily and it's not very user friendly with these problems. I wasn't intending the extra cost in a dedicated gpu nor the extra power usage and heat that comes with a dedicated gpu.

It would be nice for this issue to be resolved.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

I would recommend loading the latest graphics drivers version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 4539 and report back using the following template: /thread/77761 Default level information for reporting Graphics issues

I will use the report to try to replicate this matter.

Allan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Confused with the numbering of drivers

I'm on 21.20.16.4534 but your saying to use 15.40.xx.4539

Where does the 21 fit in if the newest is 15?

Especially when windows is saying:

This computer currently contains driver versions newer than the versions you are about to install. Are you sure you want to overwrite the following drivers with the older versions?

Well it took the last numbers anyway but shows the driver you linked as starting with 20 and not 15 like the web page shows. Weird. It's still apparently an older driver though then what I was running with the number being 20.19.15.4539 now unless the first numbers mean jack to the version.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well installed the beta driver. Changed sleep from 30 min to 1 min. Sure enough computer awakes to second display being nothing but blue. I can't find the DispDiag file but I've attached the others.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Computer awakes from sleep with display 2 non working

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

custom B150M Mortar Arctic 6600K

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Only onboard (6600K/HD530)

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

Acer s275bmii Main display that works after sleep

Samsung 65" 4K tv connected to computer via Onkyo Receiver

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

32GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Acer connected via DVI to hdmi adapter

Samsung/Onkyo receiver connected via Redmere HDMI cable directly

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Seems as though I can wake the computer right after it goes to sleep/hibernate and it's fine. Anything a minute or so plus and it never sends the single back to the living room receiver/tv. As can be seen in the video. I'll also attach what the receiver sees the input as while it's actually getting the display signal. When the living room tv goes black then blue that is when the computer went to sleep/hibernate.

So as you can see it is a complete PITA. Especially after you have had a long day. Just spent 45min or so making dinner. To sit down power on the tv then the surround sound all to find out your pc went to sleep to have to get back up, set dinner down, go into the office, disconnect the hdmi cable, then reconnect it again, to go sit back down and start streaming from the pc. This shouldn't be happening but it is. Something about sleep/hibernate is not allowing the second display to get signal after waking back up. You can clearly see the receiver doesn't get the single from the properties window I pull up on the tv.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So I've had sleep/hibernate turned off for the past hour. I still have the desktop displaying in the living room as one should. So this issue is directly linked to sleep/hibernate and the display driver not fully re-initializing after sleep/hibernate.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for all details and the video, it really helps understanding this problem.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

To get around the issue I've had sleep/hibernate turned off and it's been just fine. Although I really don't want the computer running all the time. 😞 I'm by far not the only one with this issue doing a google search last week. It seems to be a very widespread issue with the Intel GPU drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just checking in on if any headway has been made on a fix considering it's been over a week.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Knew nothing of it. Installing now and will update later today if I remember.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Problem still remains. Back to powered on all the time again. 😞

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That's unfortunate. Let's wait for future graphics drivers releases. I have not been able to replicate this matter.

Allan.

0 Kudos