Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HD 4600 none existent monitors

idata
Employee

I got my latest graphics update today and 4 mysterious none existent monitors showed up in my setup. Then I found those monitors in device manager and they belonged to HD 4600. Those monitors got Hardware ID like "MONITOR\Default_Monitor". I am wondering why this happened and wish to solve it.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Sesame:

In order to better assist you, we just need to get the following information:

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of the processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Are you using an external graphics card?

Which Windows version are you using?

The latest version of the graphics driver for the Intel® HD graphics 4600 controller is driver version 45001, please try that driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
bfitc
Beginner

I had the the same problem as the OP except mine was with Iris Pro Graphics 5200. This was frustrating because it put my main screen on a non-existant monitor. To fix it so I could keep working, I just rolled back the driver to 20.16.15.4444 from 4/22/2016. I'm not sure what driver i rolled back from but it installed automatically through windows update.

I'm not sure of my motherboard. It is a laptop.

Processor i7-4980HQ

Laptop is a Boxx GOBOXX-15

No external graphics card but using discrete graphic card: Nvidia Quadro K2100M

Windows 10 Pro

Is there a different driver for the Pro Graphics 5200?

Thanks@Alberto

0 Kudos
MMast2
Beginner

There are two laptops where I am working displaying the same issue. Only the one monitor, but it is setting up multiple monitors. Tried rolling back the drivers only to have them overwritten by the one that Windows Update is pushing out. I am up to seven monitors now after disconnecting monitors by the display manager it adds another monitor. Current driver reported by Device Manager, where this is still happening (20.19.15.4501), the newer one that was pushed, not sure the version was having this also. Probably did not go back far enough back in the drivers to prevent the issue that Intel injected.

MB: Unknown

CPU: Core i7-4702HQ

Laptop Model: Dell Precision M3800

Internal Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600

No External Graphics card.

OS: Windows 10 Pro (Version: 1607, OS Build: 14393.351)

0 Kudos
AD6
Beginner

MikeRM2 You can http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10 deactivate the automatic driver updates.

After you deactivated them, try uninstalling and deleting the currently installed driver 4531.

Windows should then fallback to 4501 and if you uninstall and delete that too, it should fallback to 4444.

That's how I got my graphics working again.

I hope they release a fix soon.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello:

Thank you very much to all the peers participating on this thread, the information is very valuable for us and for all the peers viewing it.

To Sesame:

You can always try the suggestions above from all the peers, or provide the information we requested on the thread above.

Alberto

0 Kudos
AD6
Beginner

Hey Alberto / intel_corp,

there are three more people with this problem in .

Do you know when we'll get a fix?

Thanks,

Angelo

0 Kudos
DPaul2
Beginner

Same problem after Win10 auto-updated the driver. My laptop had 6 displays attached!

I needed to disable auto-update, remove the device, let Win10 find the new device, and it then installed the "original" driver for Win10AU.

Dell M4800

i7-4900MQ with Intel HD Graphics 4600

Nvidia K2100M

Win10Pro 14393.351

Currently using 20.19.15.4444 as reported by the device manager

I THINK the bad version that Win10 auto-installed was 4513 or 4531; definitely newer than what Alberto mentioned.

0 Kudos
AD6
Beginner

I am having the same problem. See:

I have 4 non-existant monitors in my configuration and if I connect any real monitors, they won't get any signal.

I also can't open the Intel Graphics configuration.

The problem began with a Windows Update installing .4531.

In order to solve this I had to go back until .4444 and disable automatic driver updates, .4501 didn't solve the problem.

MB: LENOVO Ginkgo 7A1

CPU: i5-4210M

Laptop Model: Lenovo G710

Internal Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600

No External Graphics Card.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sesame:

I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously? That information is very important for us to further assist you.

To Yutamago:

An agent will be assign to provide support on your thread, she/he will be able to answer all the information you are requesting and provide further details about this matter.

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am also having this issue on my Dell m3800 laptop. Please advise fix for this.

-Nicole

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello nhushka:

To all the peers viewing this thread, I just wanted to let you all know that we will be more than glad to assist you in trying to fix this problem with the PC.

For us to be able to start an investigation on this subject, please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for that is that every scenario is different, even if the same product is being used, so, for us further assist you and also in order for us to help you with the specific problem the PC might have, please submit a new thread.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Everyone,

I would like to let you know that the following issues show as fixed in our latest 15.40 internal build:

1. Multiple non-existing monitors show up when Hyper-V is enabled.

2. Graphics Control Panel is not available when Hyper-V is enabled.

We appreciate your patience while we post this new driver on DownloadCenter.intel.com.

I'll update the following thread once the driver is officially released:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/110642 https://communities.intel.com/thread/110642

Kindest Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello:

Thank you very much to Ronald_Intel for the information provided on the previous post.

To Sesame and all the peers on this thread:

I hope the information posted previously was useful for all of you, at this point we need to wait for the new driver released, so please keep checking the thread provided by Ronald_Intel , since once the new driver is available you will find all the details in there.

Thank you all for your patience.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos